Wow, supras suck as DDs

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Quin said:
Must be nice to live close to everything, I drive a little over 500 miles a week.

Fuck Hondas. I'm still driving my 89 Celica, after spinning a bearing, still getting better gas mileage then a friend's 95 Civic (30MPG =), still faster than him. Show me another car that indestructible. lol

spun bearing? how bad is it knocking? just going to run it to the ground eh?:naughty: :biglaugh:

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
Loki said:
Try DDing a truck with a big block on big tires then come talk to me about gas mileage :p

Big Wang Bandit said:
Fuck that, Try DDing a 65 Cadillac.

screw both of you. try having an fd as a DD. i drove my friend's for a week and it broke the bank. when the 20 gallon tank won't last 200 miles, it's time for a proper DD. :biglaugh:

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
I DD my Supra and gas price has never been a concern for it. My wife's Exploder... that's something else, we ended up trading it for a new Accord.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
little tangent, why do people trade in vehicles when they could sell them privately for more? that's usually how it works right? is it just the ease of transfer straight to a dealer than to a private party?

back on topic...

I've been thinking about a little CRX hatchback but i want something safe and frankly the size of a car being that small might make me feel a bit unsafe...

i dunno. what do you guys think? i drive maybe 8 miles to school 5 days out of the week...

maybe i should just get a truck? I've been thinking about getting something different... 4runner or ex-cab...or a t-100...

the supra is nice but it's issues with rod knock (which i'm afraid i'm going to get) make me constantly worry and such...i just think it would be nice to have a toyota pickup where i could forget about reliability issues. this is just for my car i know a supra can be reliable but in my instance i have reasons to worry... thats all.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Loki said:
Try DDing a truck with a big block on big tires then come talk to me about gas mileage :p

EXACTLY!!

I'm not as bad as that, but appr 350 miles a week with a 99 F250 on 35's = $100 a week in gas. I'd get another vehicle, but I have 4 and very soon the commute will be just 16/miles a day, so then, no big deal.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I dont know how you guys sleep at night knowing you can be saving 100+ a month with those big ass trucks... Maybe just cause I'm a cheap bastard, but damn.. 100+ a month is a good modivation to get a cheaper dd.. hell 50-80 is enough for me to switch..

I'm keeping my eye out for a nice da integra or eg hatch si for like 2k.. as soon as I find one, my 92 is going fs..

I guess I shouldn't of bought a auto dd.. its nice to just lay back and drive, but loses the fun factor.. my old 87 turbo was a decent daily.. was a 5spd with exhaust and stuff so could have a little fun with it, so wasn't as bad.. but..

I love toying with civics, they're cheap and can play with them all day long.. I mean for 50$ you can chip the ecu to reflash them and do whatever.. 700$ turbo kit.. etc.. reving the piss out of them is fun as hell too.. I miss driving my buddys civic smoking porsches reving to 8500 (it was base 911s but still fun).. lol

Last edited:

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
i dd my 87 turbo and i am getting about 20-22mpg on rare ocassion i've seen 24mpg its not that bad on gas sure as hell not as good as my crx was lol. i drive 60 miles a day round trip so i figure 10 bucks aday i try not to leave my house on sunday and so thats 60 bucks a week give or take i really need to buy the aw11 from my boss for a dd but it has some bent valves so it would be a magor project

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
tissimo said:
I dont know how you guys sleep at night knowing you can be saving 100+ a month with those big ass trucks... Maybe just cause I'm a cheap bastard, but damn.. 100+ a month is a good modivation to get a cheaper dd.. hell 50-80 is enough for me to switch..

I'm keeping my eye out for a nice da integra or eg hatch si for like 2k.. as soon as I find one, my 92 is going fs..

I guess I shouldn't of bought a auto dd.. its nice to just lay back and drive, but loses the fun factor.. my old 87 turbo was a decent daily.. was a 5spd with exhaust and stuff so could have a little fun with it, so wasn't as bad.. but..

I love toying with civics, they're cheap and can play with them all day long.. I mean for 50$ you can chip the ecu to reflash them and do whatever.. 700$ turbo kit.. etc.. reving the piss out of them is fun as hell too.. I miss driving my buddys civic smoking porsches reving to 8500 (it was base 911s but still fun).. lol

There was a 92 Integra in great condition for 900 bucks in the Tampa autotrader not too long ago. I was thinking about getting it but that wouldv'e set me back moneywise in getting my supra ready to drive.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I dd a 2005 F150 with three toolboxes on it and usually pulling a sixteen foot trailer loaded down with ladders. I get about ten miles to a gallon. I can't even pass by a gas station without my truck automatically trying to pull into it.

Tissimo, I'll buy you an integra and trade you straight up for that gas guzzling pos 92 supra that you have............;)

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Figit090 said:
little tangent, why do people trade in vehicles when they could sell them privately for more? that's usually how it works right? is it just the ease of transfer straight to a dealer than to a private party?

The problem with assumptions... I also traded our one car garage 3/2 Villa for a two car garage 4/2 on a lot house. Those didn't happen on the same transaction.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I dd'd a supra once for more than a year winter/summer. It never let me down. this was after i did the headgasket of course.