Wow, supras suck as DDs

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
it's a good thing i dd one of these
p50sale.jpg

heh, not really, i dd the supra. It is nice, but costly.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
WeDgE said:
If you went with a single setup, your gas mileage would surely increase.
My Single 1.5JZ gets the same milage as my stock 1JZ....

....which is "sucks". I still DD it though. The extra tank or 2 of gas a month over my Celica is worth having 5 times the power.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
annoyingrob said:
My Single 1.5JZ gets the same milage as my stock 1JZ....

....which is "sucks". I still DD it though. The extra tank or 2 of gas a month over my Celica is worth having 5 times the power.

Ouch... :(

On the stock turbo 7M, I was lucky to get 23mpg on the highway...when I went T78, I was in the 30mpg range (highway).

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Didn't read past the frst pot..

my thought when I sen this thread:
'no shit sherlock...'

:icon_bigg

Crazy kids and their Supra DD's

Doesn't it suck to know that you're probably working the first and last hour of your day to pay for your gas to get there?

A

ArthurRitus

i DD my only supra. and i pay about 50 bucks a month on gas. I live very close to everything i need =)
work less then 1 mile
school (2 days a week) about 5or 6 miles.
entertainment is close
about 4 mins away from the strip =)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The Civic needs a tune-up and still gets over 30mpg. If it's near empty, I can throw 9 gallons in. That usually gets me 320 miles. I used to get over 350 miles per fill-up when I had a longer commute.
It's a '98 LX auto, so nothing really special or sporty.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Must be nice to live close to everything, I drive a little over 500 miles a week.

Fuck Hondas. I'm still driving my 89 Celica, after spinning a bearing, still getting better gas mileage then a friend's 95 Civic (30MPG =), still faster than him. Show me another car that indestructible. lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Geo Metro... 45MPG

and it's fairly fun in the twisties, but it's so damn underpowered it's scary... (two people in the car and it gets REALLY slow, any more than that and they should get out and push)

I DD my Supra though, it's getting about 18MPG, but I cna't keep out of boost with the stock CT with my mods... plus I have a TPS issue that I'll be fixing within the next couple days...

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I only drive mine in the summertime and don't even worry about gas. Just put it down for the wintertime today. Driving my oldsmobile in the winter.