will the horsepower potential over do the massive weight

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
YOU NEED 5 THOOOOOOOOOOUSAND horse power!! to over come the weight of the supra....hahahhaahahahahha not really 350-400hp in the supra is fairly easy to do and that kinda power in the supra = FAST

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oh i'm not even trying to match the weight of an elise, mr2, or even 1st gen DSM's. But i will lighten it as much as possible, strategically. There will be a cage, so that will add some weight back, but it wont be as bad as if it had everything still in it. I'm not trying to make it something it isn't, i'm just trying to make it the most competitive GT I can. But yes, indeed to make heavy cars as competitive as lighter ones it does cost more money, thats why i dont have a cage or bigger brakes yet. Cost of other things, lol

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I am building a 500-600hp street/track car (twisties, not 1/4 mile) out of my 91 Supra. It's heavy yes, but that makes it stable, and with bone stock suspension I can make that car do things that the little cars won't do just because they don't have the weight to keep them on the ground. With the right amount of power (with a usable powerband, too) and the right suspension and tires, there's no reason that it can't hang with the best of them. My car will be eating new Z06's around a circuit and on the street by the time I'm done with it. :) A Miata may have a quicker turn in, but I'll eat them alive everywhere else, and nothing compares to the comfort of an MKIII.

Collin

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
got_boosted said:
I am building a 500-600hp street/track car (twisties, not 1/4 mile) out of my 91 Supra. It's heavy yes, but that makes it stable, and with bone stock suspension I can make that car do things that the little cars won't do just because they don't have the weight to keep them on the ground. With the right amount of power (with a usable powerband, too) and the right suspension and tires, there's no reason that it can't hang with the best of them. My car will be eating new Z06's around a circuit and on the street by the time I'm done with it. :) A Miata may have a quicker turn in, but I'll eat them alive everywhere else, and nothing compares to the comfort of an MKIII.

Collin

AMEN to that