WI Supra owners.

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
what's up everyone, new to the forum...just picked up my '91 and i live in miltown.

p1305183_1.jpg

EDIT: p83 owned :p

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
did you pay aobut $5 grand for that one? cus it loks like the one up in waukesha that the guy was asking $6500 obo

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
^ dude sorry to hear that :-(

JZa80;1305534 said:
did you pay aobut $5 grand for that one? cus it loks like the one up in waukesha that the guy was asking $6500 obo
yeah it's the same one from craigslist...picked it up for about 6. i totaled my IS300 about a week before and it just jumped out at me.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
SupraOfDoom;1305560 said:
Nice. My clutch is about done.... not so nice.

Damn Matt... that sucks. If you don't feel like paying out the ass for a new one, I have one with about 80K on it if you want it

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
87M-GTE;1305592 said:
old skool- Welcome Nice lookin car! Year, specs, mods?

-Sam

thanks maing yeah sorry...shoulda figured about some specs:

'91 5 MT turbo targa
apexi electronic boost controller
blitz bov
HKS sport 3" turbo back w/ test pipe
HKS downpipe
tokico blues w/ H&R race springs
HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket
ARP head bolts
NGK wide band o2
aeromotive adjustable FPR
lexus AFM
cool breeze hard pipe intake
excedy stage 2 clutch
stock rebuilt turbo @ 12 psi

that should be about it for now...it needs a good tune though.

Last edited:

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
take it to king motorsports. only guys in WI i really trust. and there shit is so legit. idk if they do supras. or if they have. there super big on hondas. there the only authroized dealer in the worlld for mugen parts. they build all the mugen cars for sema. check their website their products have been featured in superstreet.com and what not its kingmotorsports.com

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
thanks man. i have def heard of king before...i used to be big into hondas back in the day. they did a fantastic job on my guy's b20-vtec. i was thinking about taking it to AMS though. a friend of mine does a lot of work for them. he's pretty sure they can do yotas, he kept trying to get me to bring my IS down for a "quick tune".

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
old skool;1305614 said:
thanks maing yeah sorry...shoulda figured about some specs:

'91 5 MT turbo
apexi electronic boost controller
blitz bov
HKS 3" turbo back w/ test pipe
tokico blues w/ H&R race springs
HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket
ARP head bolts
NGK wide band o2
aeromotive adjustable FPR
lexus AFM
cool breeze hard pipe intake
excedy stage 2 clutch
stock rebuilt turbo @ 12 psi

that should be about it for now...it needs a good tune though.

That's almost exactly what kind of mods are going on my supra in the next week :).

Thanks for the offers, I actually have spare stock clutches but I'm going to sell an r154 spare for some sort of clutch that can handle 500rwhp.

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
ams as in evos...i was kinda shocked when he told me about the yota programs. i need to find out more about that cuz it got a me a little confused.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
Hey, I am looking for a few parts in the area and was wondering if any of you have any leads. I am looking for a 7afe and a ct26 in good condition. If you see or hear of any being sold at a good price please let me know, thank you.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Chris- LMAO solid numbers! Thats hilarious:biglaugh:

Old skool- Have you looked into SP (sound performance) also located in chicago, specializing in supras. What were you looking to tune with? just a SAFC/piggy back kinda thing or are you going full EMS?

Matt- how much for the short block?

-Sam