Why does everyone prefer the 1J over the 2J motor?

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
mattjk[B said:
]bs, you can't slot the motor mounts that much
[/B]

Look wise ass don't tell me about what I have seen at my meets with my own eyes is BS. Kill the noise on what you have no f/n clue about. make a pay pal bet of 500 you vs my 1000.00 to Supra Central, and I'll video tape the proof so you wont think its photo shopped. Better yet call, and ask for Hubie. SPI is still in New Jersey; However they stopped working on cars wise ass know it all! Go ahead, and make my day and set up the pay pal with Supra Central to hold the money until satisfiable proof is rendered. Better yet he can call and verify this to be true or false.:evil2: :icon_evil

Last edited:

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
DETONATION666 said:
Price of both motors aside... how much more could a 2J cost for a swap? 1500 more for a 2J? seems like it could add up and before you know it you could throw that extra cash into the 1j and be ahead of the game?

How would you be a head of the game making half the power. A 1j will NEVER make near as much as a 2J.

*edited by ma71supraturbo*

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
Hey Quikstrike......this isn't Supraforums so you can chill out with all the name calling. Can you not make a point without trying to embarass or ridicule someone. If you're so smart, quit trying to make everyone else seem stupid and just answer their questions.

Not trying to make people feel stupid at all. However; in a forum if you pass on nonsense rediculuous answers it needs to be set straight. Forgive me for reading the cluless responses and wodering WTF. Supraforums has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact IJ is over there.;)lol Noise volume of clueless answers some time sets me off.:nono: If I offend you I am sorry! Post facts not opinions. Go read the post dealing with old timers. I was here WAY before many of you, and left after the forum collasped. I will TRY to make it as you asked.:biglaugh: So allof you ass's that I called an ass I appologize
So if I offended anyone I appologize.

Respectfully Speaking
Anthony

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You didn't offend me at all, but I dont want the other guys to be too scared to ask a question for fear of being ridiculed. We were all newbs at one time or another, and I don't know half of what I'd like to know about our cars. If you never ask a question then you will never be any smarter than you are right now. I know alot of times they can search for the answers and I'm not above telling them to search, but I will steer them in the right direction without calling them an ass, clueless, or a wiseass. Name calling should have stopped when you got out of fifth grade. Just my two cents worth and it may not be worth that...................lol

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
holy flame broiled wopper batman, this thread is out of control.
the answer is......they want to go 1j more.
personally im going 2jz-get (not gte) but thats what i want to do, noone else influenced my decision.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm going to suggest that most MKIII owners are purists to a large extent, especially those on this forum. This is why riced out MKIII's are instantly flamed. Therefore,

Original MKIII's = 7M and 1J

Original MKIII's =/ 2J

Worse yet, Original MKIII =/ wtf are you talking about 350 Chevy

Anybody buy that? ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
350 Chevy for the mfl.........I know outofstep will shoot me on sight for saying that.....................lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I don't think you'll find many people who are willing to seriously debate that the 1J is better. Anyone who purchased a Mk3 shell and intended to install a built engine, big snail, standalone, and supporting mods right out of the gate would likely buy a 2J - at that level, the cost difference will be such a small fraction that it wouldn't be worth worrying about.

Furthermore, I know a fair number of people who have gone 7M -> 1J -> 2J... I don't know anyone who has gone 2J -> *anything*.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
QWIKSTRIKE said:
[/B]

Sounds to me you really are clueless. How would you be a head of the game making half the power. A 1j will NEVER make near as much as a 2J. Alot of you cluesless people are making opinonated answers of which you are cluless. Sit down and kill the noise Mr clueless!:aigo: :nono: :icon_conf

Just because you like the 2j more, doesn't mean you need to be rude to the 1j fans.

For the record, the 2j twins fit just fine, no mods needed to the body, other then hammer a little dent to give a little firewall clearance.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
foreverpsycotic said:
holy flame broiled wopper batman, this thread is out of control.
the answer is......they want to go 1j more.
personally im going 2jz-get (not gte) but thats what i want to do, noone else influenced my decision.

I'm pretty sure the free motor influnced your (in)decision mike.

Anyhow, I got a car with an empty engine bay. I bought a 1j. Why? I've had 7m's, 4 of them to be exact. I wanted to try something new. Also, it could be a stepping stone. With the 1j parts the 2j is pretty much plug and play. Also, it's a cheaper, simpler swap than going straight to the 2j. With an empty engine bay it's almost on par with what it would have cost to buy all the 7m parts to fill it and have the engine rebuilt anyhow.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
GrimJack said:
I don't think you'll find many people who are willing to seriously debate that the 1J is better. Anyone who purchased a Mk3 shell and intended to install a built engine, big snail, standalone, and supporting mods right out of the gate would likely buy a 2J - at that level, the cost difference will be such a small fraction that it wouldn't be worth worrying about.

Furthermore, I know a fair number of people who have gone 7M -> 1J -> 2J... I don't know anyone who has gone 2J -> *anything*.

I'll debate that. I'll tell you from installing and selling whole lot of engines, you will have a MUCH better chance of getting a JDM 1jz with good compression (like new), minimal carbon buildup, and minimal cylinder wall wear.

Debate the 1jz is better? I wouldn't say that because the design is almost exactly the same. Better for installation ease, and cost...yes. Better turbos on the 2jz....no. Same chance of getting bad stock turbos on a 1jz or 2jz.

The actual sound of the 1jz with a nice downpipe and catback is awesome if you ask me.

Long term use, like 150k miles+ of hard driving at elevated power levels....1jz ftw.

Stock turbos fun to drive...1jz ftw.