Why do people add an "i" to Gracer?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
MKivSupra_Rob said:
Interesting stuff in this thread, here ive seen groups of people laughing at others for not calling "greddy" G-Reddy

question ive always wondered, to the americans, why do you say "roof" like "ruff"? when you dont say "spoof" like "spuff"? or "goof" like "guff", or "pool" like "pull"? why?

Aren't you in Canada? I think that explains it.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
johnathan1 said:
Aren't you in Canada? I think that explains it.

lol yeah, but i was just wonderig if there was a specific reason as to why with that one word a "oo" is pronounced like a "u". I'm sure we have lots of words that are pronounced oddly that doenst make sense with the spelling also, i just wouldnt know what they are because i've only heard it the canadian way lol

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
MassSupra89 said:
I always wondered. Why's the code for this smiley :greddy: ": greddy:"

I say roof like roof. haha. But my friend says Window "Wind 'ah" cuz of his accent.

oh maybe the whole "ruff" thing is just an accent then too. you americans sure do like your accents. majority have just a normal accent. but then theres the whole southern drawl thing, people from boston talk real weird too. which doesnt make any sense to me because usually accents are a result of people speaking a different language like people with a spanish accent, or french accent

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha I hear the "Boston accent" thing all the time.
Been from here my whole life but everyone says I don't have it. There are really only a few people I know who don't pronounce their R's, or say things like "Pissah"

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
old thread i know but:

its really spelled GReddy, GRACER , and GREX the official spelling
and supposeded to be said like G+Reddy, G+RACER, and G+REX

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Why did the internet create the MK3 for a first gen Supra, the MA70, yet call the MK3 Corolla the AE86? Or whatever generation the AE86 is.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
The AE86 is the 5th gen Corolla, but so is the AE82, and there are a lot of different style Corollas, especially before 1992 (for North America), so using chassis code makes sense.

Us North Americans consider the 79-86 Celica Supras to be Supras anyways, so that takes the 1st and 2nd gen titles, even though I guess technically they were 2nd and 3rd gen Celicas.

Meh, it's not like it's gonna change now, haha.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I prefer the model to using a Lincoln refrence. I am stubborn. You will never here me utter "mark 3".

MKivSupra_Rob said:
question ive always wondered, to the americans, why do you say "roof" like "ruff"? when you dont say "spoof" like "spuff"? or "goof" like "guff", or "pool" like "pull"? why?

Because there are many hillbillies in the USA. Ya'll, fixin, you'uns(don't ask me) and others.