Why did YOU go 1JZ?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
OneJoeZee said:
1uz? Why don't get a 2UZ or 3UZ. bigger is always better, right? :ugh2:

well the reson why i like the 1uz cheeper more info on them then others and there pretty light for what they are an 4 liters will be easyer to rev
and 3uz is just crazy dumb exp to new for me the 2 is to hevy and is slug of motor i know it has vvti but meh

and they have more aftermakret the only thign gay i really son't liek about them is standalone only if you wana do 5spd

ps this sounds bad ass 2 tiwns just be freaking sweet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbxqfAyiIM

Last edited:

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
mobes said:
As for me:
Auto tranny crapped out. I could swap a 5-speed for about $1000. I bought a 1JZ motorset with a 5-speed for $1600, sold the 7M motor and accessories, and spent less than the 5-speed swap would have cost for the basic parts before you add in any performance stuff. Plus, I get:
More HP stock
FFIM
COP
Single-belt serpentine with auto-tensioner
MHG from the factory
Higher redline
MAP-based fuel system
Less detonation-prone combustion chambers
Bulletproof JZ bottom end
No J-tube
...and blown turbos :nono:
...but they're being replaced with a GT3040R when I'm done with my bike :evil2:
Exactly the list of reasons I went 2JZ over 7M. I did 2JZ over 1JZ because of the technical differences and benifits of the newer engine. I had just bought my 91T, and the headgasket blew on me. I never wanted to deal with another BHG or post BHG rod knock, so I got rid of the outdated 7M. The only 7M's I like now are the fully built ones, such as Duanes. His car would kick my ass at the track and both ways there and back.