Who all has a beater for the mileage?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
That's SMP142 I'm talking about.

My job title is Aerospace Maintenance Technician (CREW CHIEF!!!). It's just the churched up name for it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
claricae86 said:
Damn 51mpg!!
No matter how you really look at it those Geo's are the cheapest damn things out there and they get better gas mileage than alot of hybrids.

It actaully turned out to be around 51.5 MPG, but who cares, I'm not nit picking over .5 MPG when it's already getting over 45 MPG consistantly.

That's nothing actually, on the swift/metro forums some people get crazy with thier mods and go super aerodynamic with them and eek out over 60 MPG :aigo:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Don't have any at the moment. But picture this car maroon, on jack stands with the front passenger wheel and knuckle gone. Oh, and no hub caps.

Mine doesn't have the rear interior in it, weight savings on an already light car=FTW ;)

1995-2001-Geo-Chevrolet-Metro-95125011990103.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
are geo's any good? i was curious to find out if you could rip the front end out of one and use the engine, tranny, arms/cv shafts in a home built dune buggy or gokart....

on the main topic - what kind of reliable hp can you glean out of those without getting horrible gas mileage or blowing it up? I was just curious if you could free up the engine a bit and get a fun throw around toy. unless it already is fun....i dont know how much power they have.

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
Figit090 said:
are geo's any good? i was curious to find out if you could rip the front end out of one and use the engine, tranny, arms/cv shafts in a home built dune buggy or gokart....

the old prizms were Corollas

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
starscream5000 said:
I'd like to be beat it up on your avatar :naughty:

Not sure if you said it in the thread already but how much did you pay for your Geo?

I'm starting to shop for a beater and I woudn't mind one.

I don't care if it's slow and gay. I don't feel any more excited driving my dad's ES than I do my brother's beat 97 Camry.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
OneJoeZee said:
I don't feel any more excited driving my dad's ES than I do my brother's beat 97 Camry.

Erm. They're the same? LOL. Unless the Camry is a 5S-FE.

My Supra IS my beater. I beat her and beat her. With the 1JZ, I'll be more confidant beating her.

IF I had to get a beater, I'd probably get an Accord. I detest Civics and Integras with a mean passion.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
BlackMKIII said:
Erm. They're the same? LOL. Unless the Camry is a 5S-FE.

My Supra IS my beater. I beat her and beat her. With the 1JZ, I'll be more confidant beating her.

IF I had to get a beater, I'd probably get an Accord. I detest Civics and Integras with a mean passion.

Yeah but I'm talking about one of these

800px-02-03_Lexus_ES300.jpg

versus one of these. Except the Camry is beat up.

800px-97-99_Toyota_Camry.jpg