Where/How did you get YOUR MK3(s)?

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
Guy on supraforums asking how much he should sell his mk3 for. Many posted in that tread, I Pm'ed him about buying and that later week I paid 2500$ for a clean stock1991 Toyota supra turbo targa with 90isk k miles. Drove it home, it was a good day.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I had a list of things i wanted for my next car. The Mkiii fit the bill perfectly.

It helped that the dealership where i got it from (as a fresh import), were a bunch of inadequate wankers, and had no clue about them... IC piping was fked, and hence, she ran like a bag of shit... They only wanted $5000 (she was IMMACULATE - only 84,000kms)... I gave my deposit, and signed on the one condition that they fixed the brakes (they were totally rooted... he thought i would just need pads... I got four new brakes (i'm a demanding bitch like that! ;))

Went back the next week, after spending $60 for some pvc, clamps, and a hack saw, and was driving her out of the yard an hour later... Running like a total dream... Should have seen the looks on their faces... Pure gold!!!!!

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
91GTE said:
Guy on supraforums asking how much he should sell his mk3 for. Many posted in that tread, I Pm'ed him about buying and that later week I paid 2500$ for a clean stock1991 Toyota supra turbo targa with 90isk k miles. Drove it home, it was a good day.
thats probably the best deal that ive heard of when it comes to buying mk3 turbo supras, and with 90k miles and drivable....thats unbelievable, im jealous:3d_frown:

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
I found mine on atuotrader in may 2005. was an old guy selling his sons car becasue he was going away to college. its 89 turbo targa 5 speed had about 91,000 miles on it i paid 3,500. then a month later got bhg and ever since then its been a love hate relationship hate when it messes up love it when i fix it.

relax

Sep 23, 2006
san diego
I found mine in my dad's friend shop just sitting there and collecting dust under a camero they said pick one and well seeing how the supra was a stick and turbo i went with the supra and havent looked back since it only had 107,000 miles so that was a bonus now its my frist car and projectish

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Found my 1990 JDM 2.5 Twin Turbo R supra on a local buy and sell and after inquiring a bit test drive it and then bought it for $9200 with mint everything and only 108,000 kms on it. Only mod it had was a 3" cat-back exhaust. I hauled it back a few hundred kilometers to my house and after sitting for a couple weeks I put full time insurance on it and a week later the power steering pump went. Replaced that with a pump from a 2JZ and she has worked beautifully ever since. No looking back.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Back in 1996, my wife said a co-worker of hers had this Toyota for sale. I asked her to get more info as to what kind, condition, stick or auto, etc. She asked, and later told me it was an 87 Supra, and that the lady reported it was "very fast". I wasn't too sure even what they looked like, but made plans to go see it the following weekend. So we pulled up to the this lady's house, and lo and behold, a 100% stock, pristine, shiny as glass, ht, 5 speed burgundy, one owner 87 Supra Turbo peeked from her garage. I was giddy just looking at those wide rear fenders. The lady gave me the keys and i went for a 1 hr. ride on my own. I loved everything about it, except the price. She wanted $8.5K for it. I didn't have anywhere near that kind of cash, so told her i was going to think about it. At the time i was just a starving college student. I put my car up for sale, and it took three months to sell. By then the Supra lady had reduced her asking price to $6K, so i bought it. Two years later my neighbor came onto some cash, and offered to buy the Supra from me. I said sure,. give me $8K, and two hours later he showed up with a certified cashier's check in had. I almost told him i was half joking, but I could hardly turn down 8 grand. That was my first Supra. He then let his 17 year old dousch son drive it, and he blew the hg, oil came out of somewhere and there was some smoke underhood. They took it to the stealership (under an insurance claim), who said the car needed a new engine, wiring harness, turbo, etc, totalling abt $7K. The owner started bickering with the dealer and insurance co. over this. He didn't listen to me to take it somewhere more reasonable. So the insurance co. sent a tow truck and took the car to an auction house. I found out where the car was, and planned on getting it back, but wasn't able to get off work (a-hole boss) to go and bid. Last I knew the car went to Nogales, Arizona. Long shot, but anyone here has it, or knows of it? I still have a mint set of sawblades i took off this car.

I currently own three Supras Turbos, but I'm too lazy to write abt all of them.

About the one i'm planning on semi daily drive: My brother in San Diego called to tell me he saw this white Supra sitting at the curb for sale. I emailed him a bunch of questions for him to ask of the owner. Got my answers, plus abt 30 pics, and it looked very good. It turned out it was a decent accident free, turbo 5 speed targa, and owner had just "repaired" the hg. I paypaled a deposit, and three weeks later flew over to pick it up. Drove home without boosting even once, as i wasn't too sure about the quality of the hg repair. Got it home to Arizona, and the hg went 500 miles later. Found all kinds of crummy repair work, and it's currently undergoing a full rebuild. Should be a nice ride, once i get my butt in gear. Long live the Supra!

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Started out with MK II's. After a couple of those, I bought an '87 n/a about 7 yrs ago thats still my dd today. (Rebuilt everything). Now I'm building my '88T and its costing a packet. But I want a 500 horse dd, so I'm not skimping. I'll start a build thread soon since the motor and tranny are ready to drop in now (after a year of building). If I can get into the 12's I'll be happy for now.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i almost bought a 87 NA 5spd but insurance company was closed that saturday. Then i saw jacob was selling his 87 t hardtop in jersey so i went up there and got that. Im happy with it, its a project and keeps me entertain.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
I first got into supras when my friend Ton (pandaplastic) got one it intrigued me and got me thinking about cars even more especially imports. Then my other friend Chris(TopherE) got his 91 and i fell in love with them from there i wanted one badly but i was looking at other options until i came across my baby now. 87 NA hardtop very clean body rims tires MHG ARP headstudsand all the mods listed except intake exhaust and nitrous i love my car but hate it at the same time however once you own and drive a Sura nothing is the same ever again

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I've always loved the supras of all years. I got a call from my wife ( girlfriend back then ) saying her friend's dad was selling his. When i went to go look at it, it was turd green w/4 flat tires sitting on the rims and shytty looking. Well i rubbed off the green on the window and opened the door. Sat down and instantly fell in love. I popped the hood and saw that the engine was in damn near perfect condition. I paid $1,000 for it, towed it home and started throwing cash in it. I'm now at the price tag of $5,243.92 of everything i paid for it , on it , and in it. Now i have another one with a starting price tag of $500.00 and rising already. Damn i love these things.

Attachments

• Both Supra's.jpg
    Both Supra's.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
  • white supe at AL.jpg
    white supe at AL.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 7