Whats the highest speed you have ever gone in the MKIII?(nws)

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Nick M;890023 said:
I rounded the tire size. You are still stock diameter, about 24.7". Tire makers often give out actual circumfrence of the tire. This makes me think of top speed test done on lane r ellis page. They couldn't get a car(modified) to go faster than a verifiable 156. They said it was bouncing off the rev limiter. The rev limiter will reach 166 or so in a 3.91 car with 6750 fuel cut of the 87-88(7M). Which gives weight to the top speed fuel cut devices sold by HKS. Your tach could be off by a slight amount also. You swapped all electronics and are not running stand alone are you?

All the electronics were swapped, and the JZA70 tach was used. I've verified through both the HKS Turbo Timer and the APEXi AFC Neo that the RPMs are correct within 50 RPM.

I'm not running a standalone but I do have a GReddy Type-A SCD installed. If I didn't the stock ECU would limit me to around 120. I've noticed I can rev to about 7500 (APEXi verified) with the stock ECU, but I don't dare do it in higher gears. I've also tuned out fuel cut so I can run a consistent 13 PSI of boost.

Also, keep in mind that it took a LONG time to get there. I have another photo taken a moment before at about 6000 RPM, and you can see it took about a half mile to get to 7000.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
BlackMKIII;890139 said:
All the electronics were swapped, and the JZA70 tach was used. I've verified through both the HKS Turbo Timer and the APEXi AFC Neo that the RPMs are correct within 50 RPM.

I'm not running a standalone but I do have a GReddy Type-A SCD installed. If I didn't the stock ECU would limit me to around 120. I've noticed I can rev to about 7500 (APEXi verified) with the stock ECU, but I don't dare do it in higher gears. I've also tuned out fuel cut so I can run a consistent 13 PSI of boost.

Also, keep in mind that it took a LONG time to get there. I have another photo taken a moment before at about 6000 RPM, and you can see it took about a half mile to get to 7000.

Just wanted to make sure the tach was close. 158 will get you jail time every time. I wouldn't post many pictures like that on the net.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nick M;890235 said:
Just wanted to make sure the tach was close. 158 will get you jail time every time. I wouldn't post many pictures like that on the net.

fun part about his is, unless you show road they can't do shit...

I can do that in my garage on jackstands... or remove the driveshaft to be safer...

could even do it on a dyno...

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
not sure how fast, w58 tranny, 3.9 diff, 275/40/18's about 1" taller then stock.
ran it up to 6000 rpm in 5th gear, i am guessing around 130-140 not really sure though, if someone knows a way to figure this out that would be great. my speedo is off and i wasnt really paying attention, i was racing a carerra from about 50mph to the point i just said, he gained about a car length on me. it started with his front bumper on my rear, it ended with his rear bumper on my front. yeah, i got put in my place, but it was by a newer model carerra so i am ok with that. at least i know where i stand, bigger turbo and about 3psi more i would have had him!!!

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
LilMissMkIII;890997 said:
:aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

thats the only good thing about Germany you can go as fast as you like to go, it's not even one hour driving for me to a non-limited speed road,
I even had some more power left, i think it can come close to the 270 :naughty:
that speed is on the speedo meter it's about 10km/h faster than it really goes.
i sure get a movie as soon as my rebuild is done.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
mc_h;913462 said:
Bouncing off rev limit in 5th which I believe is 175mph or so
+1
on my 1.5jz with a rev limit of 7200, don't know what that would be in real speed
gonna check that with a gps this year :)

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Dutch7m;891155 said:
thats the only good thing about Germany you can go as fast as you like to go, it's not even one hour driving for me to a non-limited speed road,
I even had some more power left, i think it can come close to the 270 :naughty:
that speed is on the speedo meter it's about 10km/h faster than it really goes.
i sure get a movie as soon as my rebuild is done.
only reason to cross the German border is to be legal, there's plenty of places you can go flat-out where we live ;)
the thing to do is to scout the route well up and down before you're gonna go :)