Status
Not open for further replies.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
blackgamer16 said:
I agree, well all we can do now is just wait and see what happens. You never know it could turn into a positive for us mk3 guys/gals.

One thing though: does the X thru the Mark three have to be there. To me it feels like where degrading/ de-appreciating(sp)the mk3 supra.

The change in general does that. I don't think of it as being open armed to other supra owners, because we always have accepted other supra owners, it was never implied that you must have a MKIII to be a member here... but just is nice to have something completely dedicated to our specific model.

I will say one thing, you mods are going to have your hands full of trolls and people causing problems including the MKIV on the forums... why make it harder on yourself? I will say it a million times that I love the little niche MKIII SM community!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Id like to see it stay MKIII specific. That being said i do have faith in the mods to keep it running smoothly. Fingers are crossed and im hoping for the best

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The majority of the assholes that look down on the MKIII, won't want to be associated with a MKIII site. So this, in theory, should leave just the guys that really want to be here. And actually want to contribute to this community. The whole generational rift that exists has always been little weird for me, when I was in the mustang community, everybody was pretty close nit along all the generations, everybody helped everybody. Most of the time they owned multiple generations. Here very few people dare to cross that generational boundary. MKII and MKIII owners are pretty close. But for various reasons that we could debate all night the MKIV crowed is/has been separated.

And I agree with Grim, a lot of the punks over there, that like to talk crap about the MKIII don't even own a Supra.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i just found out i can hide certian topic areas of the forum that i dont want to see. Looks almost the same as before now! lol

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I remember arguing about the vendor section not being minimized to help out vendors. But they said the forum was already long enough, so instead they minimized the regional sections ( which are now pretty dead )... but they have room for a MK4 section. *Hides*

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
SupraOfDoom said:
Maybe I'm alone here but I don't really want other owners here. I like the MKIII community a lot more then the "Supra Community".

I'm not complaining because I love SM but, I'd just personally rather see it stay specific. Plus, SF is already a MK4 site IMO, and MKII's have CelicaSupra.com....
Agreed!

SupraOfDoom said:
If only it was April!
Agreed!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I have faith. I have no problems with Mk4 owners here. I love the cars and many of the owners could contribute positively to the community. As far as I'm concerned this just means there is more info to read each time I log in. I also look forward to learning more about Mk4's since I would not go to Supraforums and the Mk4 info here was limited.

I believe in the staff on the board and I'm sure it will turn out great.:)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
We will see how it goes. Stop whining and give it a chance. Like Mike already posted, if it gets out of hand, he'll tear it back down. Remeber when he tore down OT? He's good for his word. ;)

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
The comparison of SM and SF has happened before and I have always said that SM has a completely different "family" feel to it. The users here help first instead of bash first. As long as we don't turn into another SF there has to be some MK4 owners that we would enjoy talking to. Think of this as a way to filter out the MK4 owners and get some good new people here. I think the general public will not be affected as much as the mods. They are the ones that will have to deal with problems and the PM complaints. Trust that SupraCentral and the mods know what they are doing. Let's not add to their stress. They are about to get a flood of new users to keep an eye on.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I do... I thought it was a joke at first. :(.

and yes we are entitled to our opinions.... the good thing about SM is we can express them :).

Why change a good thing? Change is not always good. I'm def willing to give it a try I guess, but I will just be skeptical, I can't imagine the ideal out come happening.

That and I don't think we'd have to worry about adding to their stress, they've already proved they are willing to accept the challenge of more stress.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It was already said before, but 90% of the asshats over @ SF won't want to be on the 'MKIII site' so I'm not worried. The other 10% are guys that I seriously have no problem with, and would welcome here. I'm personally happy they have a small spot to themselves, and I have no problems fielding questions from them.

The only problem I see, is a constant eruption of 7M vs 2JZ... but we get that now, anyway :rofl:

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
SupraOfDoom said:
Maybe I'm alone here but I don't really want other owners here. I like the MKIII community a lot more then the "Supra Community".

I'm not complaining because I love SM but, I'd just personally rather see it stay specific. Plus, SF is already a MK4 site IMO, and MKII's have CelicaSupra.com....
:werd:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The Staff discussed it a consensus was met steps were put in place to prevent it becoming Troll Forums v 2.0 guys.

What I said earlier about having a little faith was meant to be have a little faith in the Staff I don't think we do a bad job and will continue to do so.

It will mean a little extra work but not that much considering the hours we all put in behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Why is everyone bitching about a MKIV section? Its another generation of a supra, powered by an inline 6 motor with the option of a turbocharging system. Just because it looks like a jellybean doesnt mean that they are that different. The asshats will get the boot and the cool guys will stay, just like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.