what rpms am i suppostu shift 1st and second gear?

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I got my supra at 17 as well, within 6 months of having my license and supra I tried to take a 90 degree turn at 60mph and flew into a ditch with 5 people stuffed in the car. Almost killed us all. I've been driving my supra for 13 years now and still could use improvement, I participate in drag and drift events and go through the desert at night rolling 130 at least, it all goes to experiance. I am sure that all these people just don't want to see you kill yourself because you don't know how to control your burnout and stupidity yet. That being said, 4500rpm and drop the clutch steer away from your turn and use your brakes. Practice away from your friends a couple times so you don't look like a dumbass when you stall.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Clied;1057809 said:
My first car was a NA MK3 and I still think that was too much car for me. I don't know what would have happened if I started out with a turbo...

If I had a turbo, I most probably would've ended up in a tree...
Even with my N/A the things get serious (when the foot controls the brain or something....)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
u're sooo pesimistic :) My first car was Smart, then I bought Celica turbo (age 16-17) and I am still alive with supra :)

And now go and punish your selfs for off topic guys lol

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Clied;1057809 said:
My first car was a NA MK3 and I still think that was too much car for me. I don't know what would have happened if I started out with a turbo...

this is what happens.
p1057920_1.jpg

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Damn good post pete. I just looked through the threads started by the OP.... What a tool.

Kid, you're just a kid. You can't fool anyone. You can't pretend you're different than any other kid, not even over the internet. Get some normal, responsible, mature driving under your belt, and then find a school or at least a proper instructor to teach you how to drive like a cumrag.

/rant

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
If you wait to long to shift a stock 7M you will hear midgets inside your engine banging the inside with sledge hammers.

Automatic is verry hard to get it to slip MSD iginition cold air intake open exhaust deleted cat you might be able to on first start up on a wet or frozen road.

Manuel its verry easy just slip the clutch with out ridding it. Hit the gas right when the clutch starts to engage. 7Ms do at least have some torque to make up for thier low HP.

rossman3s

Mar 20, 2008
Northeast PA
From practice I've grown to like shifting at 3000rpm from first to second for general driving. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, bogging when shifting around there. When accelerating faster, 4500rpm is my choice, though shifting there is not as smooth as I'd like it to be. It takes time and practice to get good, I've got another few decades until I consider myself good with manual transmissions. :icon_bigg

B3AST

WTB a Supra!!!
Sep 4, 2006
Hinesville,GA
HommerSimpson;1056586 said:
acually this has nothing to do with toyota or na or turbo... if you want to do burn outs.. it cost more then just the rubber.. one way or the other..sooner or later...

yup happened to my stupid ass, i was doing donuts and burnouts in a empty parking lot, cop pulled in, he got me for reckless driving and laying drags. laying drags was $142 and $858 for reckless driving.....so..my advice would be not to do it lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
B3AST;1058773 said:
yup happened to my stupid ass, i was doing donuts and burnouts in a empty parking lot, cop pulled in, he got me for reckless driving and laying drags. laying drags was $142 and $858 for reckless driving.....so..my advice would be not to do it lol

I always thought this was stupid. That's how I learned to control a skid, in an empty parking lot late at night.

When am I supposed to learn to control it? When I'm in the emergency situation where controlling it would save lives? Not like driver's ed. teaches such things.

B3AST

WTB a Supra!!!
Sep 4, 2006
Hinesville,GA
Poodles;1059040 said:
I always thought this was stupid. That's how I learned to control a skid, in an empty parking lot late at night.

When am I supposed to learn to control it? When I'm in the emergency situation where controlling it would save lives? Not like driver's ed. teaches such things.

so true, i mean cmon..the only person your endangering is yourself and it does teach you how to control your car, which can end up saving lives like you said..

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Or if you can afford it go to a autocross, or better yet many road tracks have clubs you can join and they will teach you alot about your car and how not to push beyond your limitations or your cars. Alot safer. I like a few others that have posted in this thread, had done some stupid things, now to look back at it wonder how I'm still alive. Take it to the track, you'll learn a lot more than what you would on the street and it is a lot more fun, and would be alot cheaper than a speeding ticket or one for wreckless op. not to mention maybe loosing your licence, insurance, or your life or killing someone else.

I've driven more years than the age of most on this forum, I still learned a lot on a track with instructors. Like IJ said you never stop learning.