what rpms am i suppostu shift 1st and second gear?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Guyana00;1056685 said:
Just shift around 2500. Unless you're gunning it, then, like mentioned, when you feel the car losing it's pull then that would be when to shift.

Even if the car was not N/A, forget the burnout (if you were serious :icon_razz) and just cruiseee...the supra is is an awesome car to cruise around in. Enjoy life :) .... (or you'll end up like IJ :nuts:)

:rofl:

P.S. *supposed to* sorry, but I had to, couldn't resist, yours was just way off :icon_razz.

And no one wants another IJ :icon_razz

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
beachsupra;1056510 said:
my car makes this high pitched squealing noise when i try to go past 3500 rpms in first and second gear what do you think is making the noise

everyone seemed to have missed this ^^

Belt squeeling would be my guess, but I'd have to hear the noise...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
yeah either that or its crying out in pain begging for a more experienced driver...or to be put out of its misery.:sarcasm:

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Go to your local bookstore and pickup "Rice: For Dummies", chapter 3 tells you all about these things, as well as an interview with Brian O'Conner!

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
Isphius;1056668 said:
the NA is gutless vs the mk3 haha. The 7mge would be/have been a perfect motor for the mk2. mine would spin wheels but i did tear up my clutch. Will an auto NA even brakestand? Or does it just load up and sit there? As far as shiting, if your flat out gunning it, just shift when you feel the power fall off. Youll notice it. if your just cruising around, just shift to where it wont bog in the next gear. just takes a little while of driving the car and youll learn it well. Just dont tear up your clutch untill you have some practice with it. My na was my first manual car so i learned on it and took it easy for months!

no it doesnt just sit there, it actually does a burn out ask me how i know =]

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
about 11 grand rpm, or rev limiter. :)

Edit: IJ Beat me to it.

I can do burnouts like nothing if i want, but ask yourself lowridersupra why?

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
When to shift depends entirely on how aggressively you're driving. There is no right or wrong place to shift.

NAs aren't nearly as gutless as people, granted they aren't going to win many races, but there are far slower cars out there. One of the main things I'm looking forward to when I get replace my E30 3 - Series later this year with an N/A supra is a bit more power, 102hp (when brand new 16 years ago) gets rather boring, rather fast.

And OP check your belts before you go attempting to lose your burnout virginity.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
CTsupra;1056910 said:
Are you serious? I can shift from first to second at 1500 if I wanted to without bogging.

Same here... Actually when I'm trying to save gas I usually keep shifts under 2000 and when cruising I keep it under 2500.

No bogging at all.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
can anyone tell me how to sig someones reply. i drive stick just as good as anyone. and proably beTTer than u.

Last edited:

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
RazoE;1056679 said:
me too, I learned stick in my MKIII....

took me 2 minutes to back out the driveway, and I still stalled it..:D

took me about 2 minutes to back it out (in a str8 line)then i stalled like 5 times turning around.then took me like 2 days to learn how to get out of 1st gear from a stop.it gets brutal when you do it wrong:aigo:

why do all u idiots think i cant drive like a normal person:nono:. dont hate cause i got my car at 17 and u got your at ...XX age.:doublebir my car is minty excepy for the rust hole in the replacement door.

my driving is all cruising either way. i just want to kill my old tires before i put my veilsides on.