What are you reading?

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
I read a few different things at once..some are re-reads...this month atm...
Graphic Novels - Thieves World #4, and order of the stick War and Xp's, savage sword of conan #2 (the new TPB's)
An Incomplete Education - here and there as this one its a reference
Thats not in my American History Book
A treasury of foolishly forgotten americans.
Incubus Dreams

see some good ones ive read in the past in others' postings and some I am going to add to my list. Also trying to work my way through some more classics and ones friends recommend

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I finished "Snuff" by Chuck Palahniuk awhile back. I have some more books I bought a little while ago which I have not started yet. I will probably either start "Rant" by Palahniuk or start Moby Dick next though.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
roundfinger;1122907 said:
Incubus Dreams

If you are talking about Laurell K. Hamilton's Incubus Dreams, from her Anita Blake series, then you just won major brownie points in my book :) I own all of them, plus all of the graphic novels. I also own her entire Merry Gentry series, and all of her single books. I think, at this point, I can say honestly that I fall into "fan girl" territory here, LOL

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Joel Olsteen's "Your Best Life Now" 7 steps to living at your full potential.
I just wanted some positive vibes. It's a really good book, and it helps if you believe in God.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1125900 said:
Dies the fire, S.M. Stirling. Damn fine read.

I have read the whole "Change" series. Just ordered The Scourge of God. :)

Recently finished in the last two weeks:

The Sunrise Lands by S.M. Stirling
Island in the Sea of Time by S.M. Stirling
Day By Day Armegeddon by J.L. Bourne.

Started re-reading Atlas Shrugged as I've run out of books (again). I've put someone's kid through school with all the books I've bought from Amazon.

Unlike Theresa, I read very fast, almost insanely so. I started Atlas on Monday, I only read a couple of hours a day, and I'm 1/2 way through (It's over 1,000 pages).

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
DsBetterHalf;1123081 said:
If you are talking about Laurell K. Hamilton's Incubus Dreams, from her Anita Blake series, then you just won major brownie points in my book :) I own all of them, plus all of the graphic novels. I also own her entire Merry Gentry series, and all of her single books. I think, at this point, I can say honestly that I fall into "fan girl" territory here, LOL

Yes i am, and i've read the merry gentry series and have one of the graphic novels, one of my ex's got me into the stuff and the ladies at work keep me fed with a book here and there along those lines.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
I am re-reading Eragon, I should have it finished today.
Then I will re-read Eldest, in prep for the third book coming out next weekend, Brisingr.
We are having a midnight release party for it, and it's been awhile since I read them, so time to refresh my brain :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
DsBetterHalf;1128252 said:
I am re-reading Eragon, I should have it finished today.
Then I will re-read Eldest, in prep for the third book coming out next weekend, Brisingr.
We are having a midnight release party for it, and it's been awhile since I read them, so time to refresh my brain :)

I've read them both. Damned shame the movie sucked so bad.