UPCOMING GROUP BUY: White Hoodies (More info inside)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I was trying to avoid posting in this thread 'cause I was kinda embarrassed. I like my car, but its far from the same level as Kwnate or SH or any number of other supras here.
I was asked to provide some photos for this project because he was looking for a car with an A-duct. (for the record, I know my duct isnt a true A-duct but a knockoff) I was proud that he selected my car and was looking forward to seeing this done, but I also see where you other guys are coming from.

I will buy a hoodie from him because I think he is alot like me. Hes just trying to carve out a little niche for himself here on SM, and make a few extra bucks in the process. I dont think some people take into account how much time and effort go into even the simplest things. Its also not like he is going to make some kinds of small fortune off sweatshirts. I know its not exactly a completely fair comparison, but does an artist only charge a little profit over the top of ...ohh...say the cost of a canvas and some paint and brushes? No, you are paying for his intellectual property.

If you think its too expensive, fine, dont buy one! no one is forcing you to fork over your cash for anything you dont want.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe could you put our screen name on the thing somewhere? That would be cool, and say if you wore it around a supra meet or something you would be easily recognizeable.
eric

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
I might be able to do custom user names on these...MAYBE. It'll depend on price. I need to get with my guy again and talk about that, as it was a thought I was having too stretch :)

Would everyone like that idea? Like sports jersey style, with your username at the top on the back (below where the hood falls obviously). Or maybe do it like a mechanics coat, and do it on the left chest?

EDIT: Pete, thanks for stepping in here . I really do apprecite what you said :)

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Yeah, but Turbo. Targa. Life, is a little different than most of our screen names. It can be interpreted way differently.. If someone has like "2jzmk3own4u2C!" it'd be wierd =P

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
JoeC said:
Yeah, but Turbo. Targa. Life, is a little different than most of our screen names. It can be interpreted way differently.. If someone has like "2jzmk3own4u2C!" it'd be wierd =P

I think it would look better in the front corner, like maybe have a default saying as "SUPRA".. but some people could pay like $3 more to have their username.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
LEFT CHEST JOE...LEFT CHEST. Not CORNER. lol :D

I think I may do that...I kinda like that idea, and then have the sponsors listed like patches down below the name. :D

back to the problem at hand. Other than my choice of Weez's car, who's would everyone suggest? Dark colors become difficult to show high/lowlights on, and I really want to do a full color car. I'm very open to suggestions. I COULD use my own car as a model--it's a bone stock (exterior-wise) 90turbo...Would anyone have any problems with that?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
How about we have some fun with this group buy?

On the front...Maybe in small letters under SUPRA or something...or maybe on the back...put:

"I survived BHG"...

so when people see that, they will either laugh, not know what the hell it means, they'll understand and get the point that BHG aint no thing and we are true Supra owners, or...well, laugh again, I guess. :p

+1...FTW. 2nd that, bitch. ;)

:EDIT:
Lets use my car. It's not that dark. ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Weezl, thanks for even mentioning my car, but your car is truly a great specimen. You shouln't be embarrassed at all. Lucy is absolutely gorgeous to MKIII lovers. Some people on here may just be jealous, I don't know. I would proudly sport a hoodie with Lucy on the back of it. I also would love to have my sm name on the front left pocket if that turns out to be an option.

TTL, good luck with this one. Seems like you've got a few options and bugs to figure out. I'll check back in later and see what you're offering..............lol

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
I dunno about the BHG thing, because some Supra owners (myself included) HAVEN'T been through a BHG like you and your lucky self.

Jay I appreciate the kind words, and I'm sure weez does too :D but, where the hell do you get Left Pocket from? :aigo: These are hoodies and there is no pockets on the chest lol

87supraturbo2

Dec 28, 2005
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
87supraturbo2 said:
Maybe you can have a poll and see what the majority of the people will like to have. Get some pictures of some of the most recognized and well done supras, such as upgradedsupra, kwnate, jt2ma71, boosted supra, weezl ect ect ect that way you'll get the most people happy that you can. :dunno:

-Matt

Just for the record, I never meant any offense to weezl's car, I think it's amazing and would be happy to wear it on a sweater. I was just tossing the idea out for those who weren't in support of weezl's car...which I am.

-Matt