Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Here ya go adjuster...
http://www.snipercentral.com/greenhornet.htm

greenhornet3.jpg

greenhornet2.jpg

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Nice, very nice. (But I don't have the tax stamp for the suppressed version.. )

Check this place out.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/homefast.htm

The black Houge stock is like mine, but my barrel is black, and not fluted. (But actually about as light as TS's fluted alloy setup.) My scope is slightly smaller, but not much. (It is a 40mm for best low light use possible.)

With "Cheap" ammo, my 1022 will shoot 1" groups at 25, and 1.5" at 50yrds all day long. (Assuming I can shoot from a bench rest, and I don't screw up... )

There are the occasional flyer, and I have magazines that are better than others at feeding for accuracy. Generally the stock 10 round is best for accuracy, but who wants to just shoot 10... ? I have some good 2" groups with fast 50 round target shots with this gun.

I was shooting a few months back with a guy who has a 700.00+ TS 1022 with one of the green custom wood stocks, and a very nice scope that costs more than my whole gun.. We were shooting clays about 200 to 250 yards away. (About the limit for anything useful with the 1022.) We swapped guns, and I found his no more accurate than mine. (He was not happy.) :)

His trigger was more money too, but mine has been shot more, so it's smoother in my opinion... :) LOL It's all about the details, but that Suppresed single shot is a sweet rifle no doubt!

Ok, scroll down, and you can see the stock I have, and the CF barrel. (Featherweight I don't know about, but it's as light, or lighter than the TS setup, and it's less money.)
http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/1022.html

I really should buy the BSA scope. (Cabella's sells it for less.)
http://www.swfa.com/showproduct.aspx?sku=22618X40AO
They supply three calibrated adjustment bezels depending on what weight bullet your using. It also allows you to focus your sight if your shooting close up, or far away. (This becomes a serious problem if your shooting up close with a scope, and you'll find you do that from time to time with a .22) Best .22 rifel scope I've found for the money. :)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
geez everyones trying to be all proper and shit... clips mags... whatever as long as the point is made...

least I don't talk like I'm a teenage girl texting her friend or some shit.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
I think most rifles' accuracy far exceeds that of the user.

They have some nice rifles on that site. Makes me miss my .308. that thing was awesome. Before I got of the good ol USMC I was able to shoot 9 for 9 on the 500 yd line. It was in the prone with iron sights and a sling. I really want to be able to get back to shooting that well. I would have been 10 for 10 but the pits kept running too damn slow.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
I'd think it would be cool to have but wouldn't expect much out of it. The only thing is gonna be feeding that thing. 7.62 wasn't cheap when I was shooting through my Rem. And it's gotten even more expensive since then. I'd probably save the money for something better/more accurate.

EDIT>>> That site reminds a little too much of harbor freight but for sporting goods...

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
no shit I agree. but say maybe $100-125 out the door it crossed my mind just for what the hell purposes. but just for that response screw it.. something dating back 100 years and pricey ammo why bother. thanks for the input.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
yeah the price of 7.62 is the main reason I'm going with an AR for my next rifle. 5.56 is cheap!! I paid $45 for match ammo on my .308 and that was about a year and a half ago. No telling what it is now.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I keep thinking AR myself... but the damn price tag, course I could just buy the lower receiver first. I love the gun shows tho.. my friend can go in one and walk out with hundreds of rounds for his AR so dirt cheep. just getting the damn gun first is the bitch.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
very true. what are you looking at within the AR? Chek out AR15.com

Right now I'm looking at the M&A Parts 20" Varmint "Kit", with an Armalite lower. For scope, I'm not sure yet. I have a few options, but I can't decide. I figure if I can get out to 500 yds on a POS service rifle that's old as hell and shoot within a human a body I should be able to go well beyond that with this rifle.

You could always buy a used rifle and slowly upgrade it. Hell after you're done you mihg t have to AR's.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
nothing too special.. just something with scope.. fire suppressor, and a slightly longer barrel. I really got the feel for my friends and want one myself. another buddy of mine has 100 aches or land mountains, and forest.. you know the kinda place to really have fun with your weapons.

as for aftermarket type upgrades, well thats far off until I actually get one.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Since you want a fire suppressor youre gonna want a regular no frills AR. Now with the scope you can go 2 ways:
1: get one with a flat top receiver and just add rings and a scope.
2: Get one with a carrying handle. you have to get an adapter that sits in the carrying handle then get scope and rings after. While I was still in the USMC, and got deployed to Iraq tht's what I did. I wanted every advantage I coud get so I hooked up my stock M16 like this. I also added bi pods and my own cheek rest. It worked. WELL, too. When we BZO'd our rifles in Kuwait I hit 10 rounds within a dime at 36 yards. No the catch is that the targets we shot are were the same size as ones at 300 yds. It served me well over there.

I'm personally going with the flat top, but I also have the cash to have that feature. I just like it better. You can add on things like iron sights and other little things later if you want. Plus if you want the A2 carrying handle you can add that as well.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
see my buddy bought the one with the handle which I don't see much use for besides looks.. I mean I plan on having a case for it.. unless I'm gonna do some combat type shit I see no reason to have it.. but its all how it plays together when I do find the funds to get one.

I went on for hours one night looking at all my options for a AR.. damn you know. its like upgrading a car.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
fancy looking. I think the price tag on the one I want is like 1,100. its been awhile so I forgot. but hell looks like guns and cars go hand to hand on supporting mods.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Pics??? I'd love to see it.

oh they certainly do relate... go faster?? more money... more acurate?? spend more money. Personally I think shooting is easier than driving. hell if I can shoot well anyone can. You just have to have the proper instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.