The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
got back from the range alittle while ago. had a good day. we had 5 guns and 5 people so there was plenty of opportunity to try some different things. we had my AR, my friends Ar (CAR-15), my dads colt 1903, a walther ppk, and a .357 revolver. that .357 was pretty sweet, fuggin fireball out the end when it fired, not to mention the cuncushion wave.
turns out the NRA has a really seewt set up. 50yrds, well lit, staff is friendly and the dividers between lanes are plexiglass so you dont feel closed in. plus you can show up, pay for an hour, and if at the end of the hour there is no one waiting for the lane they let you keep shooting as long as you want no extera charge. but of course as soon as someone shows up they kick you out.
i did pretty good with my gun, standing at 50ft i got groups maybe 6in dia. and sitting down shooting with the table at 50yrds the group was 6-8in.

went through 285 rounds, awsome day. now i just have to get back to school through all this snow.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I seriously can't believe this. Some jackass reporter for the Roanoke Times aquired a full list of Concealed Handgun permit holders in VA and posted it in a searchable database on the newspaper's website. what a f'in jackass! It's been taken down for now - but it has incensed every single person that i know or have talked to that was on that list. i personally sent messages to the representatives in the state government for my loacality and that of the paper, the governor, the state police and anyone else i could think of. I'm so PISSED!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Squid, you need to realize that he's not a jackass. (Stop offending donkey's by calling them liberal reporters, it's just not fair to the donkey.) :)

He's just a typical misguided Liberal. They are taught from the cradle to hate guns, told that guns cause crime and death, so what can you expect? (Just like a computer, garbage in, garbage out.)

Perhaps someone needs to post up this guys personal information around town? Like his picture and personal info on targets at your local shooting ranges? LOL

Also, when did your CWP system become widespead public knowlege? Yet one more reason I put my work address on so much "government" type mail anymore. (It pisses off the mail clerk, but too bad for her.)

I would check on the ability of the local government to release that info, and if they screwed up, I think a class action lawsuit is in order to assure they will never do that again.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Then again, what good will it do them? Really?

What's the anti-gun crowd going to do, come break in and threaten the gun owners with foul language?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Squid699 said:
I seriously can't believe this. Some jackass reporter for the Roanoke Times aquired a full list of Concealed Handgun permit holders in VA and posted it in a searchable database on the newspaper's website. what a f'in jackass! It's been taken down for now - but it has incensed every single person that i know or have talked to that was on that list. i personally sent messages to the representatives in the state government for my loacality and that of the paper, the governor, the state police and anyone else i could think of. I'm so PISSED!

heard about that on the news last night, but didn't catch the whole story. all i can say is...what the f'ck?

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
The AR15 crew has mobilized on that fuck. Heh, he's been in a world of hurt ever since then.

What harm has it caused? Criminals coming after retired police officers that put them in the can. Women that have had to have moved multiple times now having their abusive ex now know exactly where they live. Basically every single person that has a CCW because of people threatening their live, now have their current location very visible to all the badguys out there. There are criminal elements that target home that they know have firearms, for the intent of getting those arms. This is much more than simply having the antis know about the folks with CCWs. It puts thousands of people's lives in jeopardy by publishing this list.

Speaking of the gun thread, I need to take some more pictures. Recently picked up a Saiga-12 (pure sex!) and two more AR15s.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i spoke with a govt teacher yesterday and he seemed to think that it was withdrawn before the list was published. haven't seen the news in a few days so i can't say, but this is just what i heard.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Supracentral said:
Then again, what good will it do them? Really?

What's the anti-gun crowd going to do, come break in and threaten the gun owners with foul language?

They might be happy to do that, but they will sure as hell do all they can to elect all the senators, representatives they need along with a president to squash the second amendment. I am seriously afraid of where things are heading right now, and the 2008 elections will have a huge impact on our rights. I know you are a DEVOUT libertarian who will likely vote along those lines, but as long as the gun hating "Republican" Guiliani doesn't win the republican primaries, I have to encourage everybody who values the right to own and carry firearms to vote for the candidate who will be most likely to win and keep our rights in tact... even if it's a republican. Keeping those rights has to be more important than voting party lines.

On a side note, I am seriously considering buying a Springfield Loaded Champion. Dollar for dollar I haven't seen much else in the 1911 line that offers more, and the 1" shorter barrel should be easier to carry than a traditional 1911 and still long enough to be more accurate than I can shoot and keep bullet velocities where they need to be. Any other suggestions on a 4" barrelled 1911 in the $800 or less range?

Take a look at this if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm
I've seen this gun listed for about $350 NIB in two gun shops. It's a 5 shot da/sa revolver firing a .45 Long Colt and/or .410 shot shell. It's reported to be accurate with the .45 cartridges and deadly with #4 or larger shot and perfect as a car or close quarters home defense firearm on top of being the best new snake gun to come along in a long time. Until I saw this I wasn't all that interested in wheel guns, but I've held two with short and long barrels, and am interested. ...after I buy that 1911, that is. :icon_bigg Any comments on this gun?

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
No - the list was indeed published, it was just taken down Monday. They at least say they won't put it back up now.

I was sick Monday (at home, cruising the net) and was one of the first waves of people to send emails to anyone I could think of, along with everyone else with a CHP. Good thing AR15 is one of my regular sites. I've since signed up for VCDL alerts via email

On a good note - I got my Noveske 10.5" today for my AR, so I should be building and testing that this weekend :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
CryoSlash said:
guns are pointless.

well i know who is going to bow down if the king of england comes a knocking at your door! pushing you around! (rofl)

i want an fg42 ohh those were mean

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Well, got a new side arm last night from the gun show. Retails for over $255+ in most shops, typically $300+ at retailers (Gander mountain, walmart etc) from what Ive found.

I made the guy a deal @ $209. He said no. I whipped out a stack of $20's. Started counting. Guy said errrrrrrrrr (resistance) ..........yes.

Chambered in 5.588mm (hey its made in Germany, they use the metric system). 10 round clip. Very easy to conceal, although Im not sure if it would ever have "knock down power".

P22_3_B_sm.jpg

I would immagine though, with these:

22-stinger.jpg

I would get some ones attention if I needed to.

32 grain hollow point. Rated @ 1640fps, 191 ft-lbs of energy - muzzle.

This isn't my primary carry of choice.

I think it would make a decent back up since I have nothing else.

I bought it to hone in my skills and not develop bad habbits at the range such as flinching.

Not to mention, the ammo for this thing is cheap!

500 rounds ~ $20.

My 9mm shoots 50 rounds for $20. LOL!

****EDIT*****

Found these. Rated for coyotes. Thats a dam big dog to take down with a 5.58mm round.

22-velocitor.jpg

40 grain hollow point. Rated @ 1435fps, 183 ft-lbs, muzzle.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Interesting choice. I wouldn't mind having one with a can on the end for some plinking without hearing protection.

Got my SBR assembled today, yay!

646529_193_full.jpg

-Zombie Killer Tom Sawyer Lower (one of the last he made!) with 'SAFE', 'DEAD' and fakey 'UNDEAD' safety markings and custom serial #__MA70 ;)
-Magpul MIAD with full backstrap and extended trigger guard
-Magpul CTR
-Magpul Magazines with anti-tilt follower and Magpul baseplate
-Stag LPK
-KNS 2nd gen anti-roll pins
-Troy Flip-up sites
-Troy midlength handguard
-Noveske flattop upper with teardrop forward assist (I prefer it)
-Noveske 10.5" CQB barrel
-Noveske KX3 flash suppressor
-Noveske low profile gas block (it even has the iron cross on the front!)

I was hoping to go test it today, but it may have to wait a week. I'll be getting an EOTech sometime in the future after my bank account recovers

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I wouldnt shoot yotes with any 22, it's just cruel. If you have to kill something, you want a near instant death. Not a slowly dying over a day or two. Rabbits are pretty much the biggest thing I would shoot with a 22.

You can get 9mm MUCH cheaper than 50 for 20bucks. Just goto your local walmart. Get the winchester whitebox value packs, 100 for 12bucks. There are also nato training rounds which are about 2cents each, almost as cheap as shooting 22.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
outofstep said:
I wouldnt shoot yotes with any 22, it's just cruel. If you have to kill something, you want a near instant death. Not a slowly dying over a day or two. Rabbits are pretty much the biggest thing I would shoot with a 22.

You can get 9mm MUCH cheaper than 50 for 20bucks. Just goto your local walmart. Get the winchester whitebox value packs, 100 for 12bucks. There are also nato training rounds which are about 2cents each, almost as cheap as shooting 22.

how about the .17 HMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.