The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's not me in the video. That guy is better looking than I am.

Soup, I'm going to try the best I can to get it running. I hope the wiring and everything goes according to plan. Keep your fingers crossed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
plan sman...just hook it up. Can the prior year top three be in next years contest? just asking.;)

I'll be there, but this time I'm shooting for 50 votes.................:biglaugh:

Thanks alot Mr. Heinrich

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
So I finally get a chance to get online in the middle of my month long travel schedule from hell, and I see the pics of your 1J.

A-freaking-mazing! It's perfection defined through pictures. ROTY for '07 fo sho!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Kurt. I wish you could make it down for our little meet this February. You now it's by invitation only and you're invited..................:biglaugh:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Thanks Jay, but my wife has invited me to spend a little time with her. Your car is HOT!!!, but she's hotter and I've seen way too little of her lately.

So since I can't make it this time, how about an invite for a ride at the next meet? ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Fuzz420 said:
This thing aint running yet, and no update pics:3d_frown:

I posted up new pics yesterday Fuzz. Damn you're hard to please. You must be angry because of the pot shortage going around.................:biglaugh:

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
suprahero said:
I posted up new pics yesterday Fuzz. Damn you're hard to please. You must be angry because of the pot shortage going around.................:biglaugh:
yesterday, thats entirely too long, i require hourly updates :biglaugh: and suprisingly there is a shortage of highquality pot around here, amazing how you would know this, magic:naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got home this afternoon and decided to try and install my engine. I had to hook my truck up to the engine hoist and drag it out of the dungeon. Most things that go into the dungeon never make it out...................:evil2:

Ricky and I then pushed my car over to the engine hoist (we're alot stronger than we look) and started the install. We had the motor almost all the way in there when I noticed the passenger side motormount wasn't going to line up. We had to take it off and move it over and then it wouldn't go on because it was hitting the wastegate. We had to take it down to his shop and grind some of it off to miss the wastegate. Finally got it on and set the engine down in the mounts. During this time it started sleeting pretty hard, but we were running out of daylight so we had to keep going. We got the wiring harness in the car, but I dont' know how I'm going to get it over to the passenger side without pulling the dash out. Since it only takes about an hour to remove the dash, I think that's what I'm going to do tomorrow to eliminate alot of fighting with the wiring harness. Now onto some pictures.

The first one is of my helper Ricky. He's a pretty good mechanic and he's been alot of help. He may look like he just stepped out of the movie Deliverance but I couldn't have done this swap without him.
p486874_1.jpg

Here is another picture before the install. Try not to look at the white car. It's possessed.............:evil2:
p486874_2.jpg

Here is a picture of the engine half way home........::w00t::
p486874_3.jpg

Here is another one of the engine sitting in the engine bay. It's a tight fit!!!!
p486874_4.jpg

Here it is in it's final resting place.............:biglaugh:
p486874_5.jpg

And the last one of it during the ice capades..............:nono:
p486874_6.jpg

I will hopefully get alot of stuff hooked up tomorrow when I get home from work. It's going to be hard to work tomorrow knowing that I'm this close to firing it up. I still have ALOT of welding to do, but at least the engine is in. Sorry for the extra long post..................lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
nice. Promise me you will get the overspray off the ABS unit.:icon_bigg

I think that's a shadow buckshot, but I will check tomorrow. I taped up everything before I painted it. It may be overspray, but I hope it's not. If it is, then I promise you that I will remove it....................lol

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hmm..... I go away from the forums for a month and look what I miss. Is it too late to come lend a hand? I'm free Fridays-Sundays. Looking beautiful Jay!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
buckshotglass said:
nice. Promise me you will get the overspray off the ABS unit.:icon_bigg

I saw the overspray as well about 5 pages back!!! I promise if Jay doesnt get it I will when I get down there in a few weeks.......:icon_bigg. Do you think they will let me take enamel reducer on the plane???:biglaugh: Mabey I will just buy some there to help Jay out...lol.

Ricky is great Jay I cant wait to meet him. He looks just like you have described him...lol. That big stick he is holding kinda scares me though!! If I am bad will he beat me with it???:biglaugh:

Im glad to see your car has an engine again. Hard part is done now comes all the busy work.

As a forum we need to start taking bets on the day it runs. I am going with this Sunday the 21st!!!:icon_bigg