The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Pictures are out of the question today. The pollen is so bad that this morning instead of blue and white Supras we had lime and lemon..........:biglaugh:

He is still waiting to get enough miles on his clutch so he can take it to dyno again. This has slowed down the progress temporarily. Be patient....:icon_bigg

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hey Jay, my roomate (Andrew, big guy) just picked up a supra and put a 7m in it over the week. If your car gets ready soon, we need to meet with you and Vonda for a photo shoot.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
staticpat said:
If your car gets ready soon, we need to meet with you and Vonda for a photo shoot.

No reason to have a photo shoot??? If you dont post the pictures!!!:biglaugh:

So how long before pollen season is over????:icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
da89soup said:
No reason to have a photo shoot??? If you dont post the pictures!!!:biglaugh:

So how long before pollen season is over????:icon_bigg

We want 2WD pics!!!

And, Ryan I'm not sure on the pollen time, maybe not too much longer. I'm sure Vonda has a bright yellow car like mine.

Jay, did you get to do any tuning over the weekend................RESULTS?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know how long it'll take the pollen to get out of here, but we haven't had rain in a month. It's dry, dusty, and yellow here right now. I rinse it off before I go anywhere, but it's nowhere near pretty enough to post pictures of on the intranetz...................:biglaugh:

I have 325 miles on my clutch. I don't really think it's going to hold, but we'll see. I wanted to buy this one because I could get it overnight and try to work out my fuel problems. I"m hoping to dyno this weekend and see if I can get it leaned out. It's still running pig rich and it just bogs down when I try to punch it. My air fuel goes straight to 10 if I try to give it any boost.............:nono:

I will promise to take some pictures before the moon is full two more times..........:icon_bigg

Patrick, I would love to meet up and take some pictures. I'm coaching T-ball right now and we're kind of busy. We have practice on Monday and thurdsdays and games on saturday, and the girls have church on Wednesday and sundays. We will definately try to work something out though.............lol

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
It's still running pig rich and it just bogs down when I try to punch it. My air fuel goes straight to 10 if I try to give it any boost.............:nono: ......................
I can pretty much GAURANTEE that if that is happening you have a boost leak......................The ECU is reading the air coming in and feeding the fuel for that amount of air, just that you are losing it before it hits the plenum.

First go over every connection and ensure the clamps are perfect. There are several ways to test for it. Remove your intake filter, duct tape a shop vac to the intake piping and then light yourself a big fat doobie :biglaugh: (or one of your Poker Playing Cigars) and turn it on and blow smoke, you'll find your leak.............................good luck.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
Yeah, we're cute like that................:biglaugh:

Mr. Forme, I don't care if you like Vixens car better, but it makes me question your sanity...........:evil2:

Vixen,, since I'm in trouble again, does that mean I get another spankin?.........:naughty:

Here is a copy of my flowchart back from NewEraPerformance. It clearly shows that the injectors are flowing 624cc's instead of 540. I hope they swap them out for me without alot of hassle. I'll keep you posted.........lol
p562096_1.jpg
I see you took my advice about getting the injectors flow tested ;)

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Unfortunately, that doesn't always find a boost leak, but yeah it's a good place to start. I just went over this with my buddy Lewis on his 7m. He kept telling me his A/F's went straight to 10 as soon as he started building boost. I told him he had a boost leak and he didn't believe me. I told him to go back and check every coupling and sure enough the turbo outlet was leaking. It ran like a champ afterwards, all of his AR's went back to reading perfect..

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Rajunz said:
I can pretty much GAURANTEE that if that is happening you have a boost leak......................The ECU is reading the air coming in and feeding the fuel for that amount of air, just that you are losing it before it hits the plenum.

First go over every connection and ensure the clamps are perfect. There are several ways to test for it. Remove your intake filter, duct tape a shop vac to the intake piping and then light yourself a big fat doobie :biglaugh: (or one of your Poker Playing Cigars) and turn it on and blow smoke, you'll find your leak.............................good luck.

It's a 1jz so it is speed density, if he had a boost leak it just wouldn't make full boost. His problem is that it is bogging because of too much fuel.
Jay's engine does have injectors that are too big, and with the current setup having only a SAFC, there is not much he can do about it. Jay, you are going to need smaller injectors. You should also degree the cams before making huge adjustments from 7 deg retarded to 7 deg advanced. You can buy a degree wheel and take it to the dyno dude. These problems are not going to resolve themselves or just get better from driving the car around. If it is pegging the afr at <10:1 every time you hit boost, then you could damage the rings and/or the cylinder walls.