Targa top/How I love it

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
MKIV's have a safety lock, so even if all the bolts are undone it will hold it on

it will rattle and not seal at all though...

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
ive had both and i enjoy them both but when your on the way to the beach or doin shit around town theres nothing like a targa top........with the top off of course.

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
After I sold my first mkiii the thing I missed the absolute most was driving around on a cool night with the targa off and hearing the turbo spool. Can't wait to do it again this fall, too humid at the moment.

I'd only ever want a hardtop supra if I was building an all out race car.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
the MKIV's have 5 bolts, 1 on each corner, and one in the middle that requires a about 1/4 turn..

I can take my targa off in about a minute, with the targa tool, about 5 with just an allen wrench...

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
chriso said:
word

I drove around with the targa off this past weekend. Spring is in the air.

How bout all summer in Vegas. Targa stayed in my condo closet. Whats not to love.
p749781_1.jpg

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Targa all the way. The ONLY reason that I can see to ever want a Hardtop was if I built a racecar out of one. And you guys are kidding yourselves if you think a hardtop weighs less!

Suprastic said:
................The two new sets of targa seals I had put on my car are from Toyota and are infact factory seals. IIRC I paid $200+ for them. I Installed them myself both times using the "Targa Top Leak Fix" method as in the Tech section. I want to find a reputable shop in town who specialize in sunroofs and convertible tops to seal this bastard once and for all.
The leaks come from the side drip rails, not the front or back. The back sides of the drip rails need to be caulked very well where they fasten to the roof. That area leaks, then fills up the interior trim piece with water, and sure enough, turn a corner and onto your lap.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I just drove topless yesterday, after school.... and a guy from my parallel class showed me the middle finger (and followed me like 3 miles just to do that...) :D

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
ValgeKotkas said:
I just drove topless yesterday, after school.... and a guy from my parallel class showed me the middle finger (and followed me like 3 miles just to do that...) :D

Out of jealousy? or did you just cut him off trying to get attention?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I just hate driving it w/ the top off and then having to leave it somewhere like that. Or having to get out, pull it out of the hatch, screw it on, and then go on w/ my business. Hence the reason the top has come off a total of 2 times this year.