Targa top/How I love it

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Loki said:
There is nothing better then cruising with the roof off.

I can't agree with this statement strongly enough. I love spending Saturday morning polishing up the entire car before heading out on a nice relaxing drive!

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
RazoE said:
i'd rather have a slow-targa than a fast hardtop..
I'd rather have a fast targa.... :biglaugh:

Except that we've had like 4 days in a row of PERFECT targa weather, and my car is in the shop. :cry: :cry:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
ChadMKIII said:
I'd rather have a fast targa.... :biglaugh:

Except that we've had like 4 days in a row of PERFECT targa weather, and my car is in the shop. :cry: :cry:

Argh, tell me about it...

Sydney has had the most awesome summer, and the entire time, the car has been off the road thanks to the damn thieves!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
KeithH said:
I can't agree with this statement strongly enough. I love spending Saturday morning polishing up the entire car before heading out on a nice relaxing drive!

Or crusing through Red Canyon.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
This is a targa top thread. This isn't a thread for hardtop owners to get all butthurt because they can't have the entire Supra experience..;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
LOL.

Actually, a Targa-top is absolutely GREAT to have...

But for what I'm using/doing with my Supra, a targa-top is most certainly not preferred.

On another note... Want to race, Dachande? ;)

-Jeff

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
madsupra88 said:
You cant just throw universal seals in there yourself and call it a day. i took my car to a shop and they quoted me 250 because its an AFC sunroof, and thier having bull sh** problems or something

where did you get your seals from if you dont mind me asking, i really need some lol

First off, I think your mistaken because I have a targa not a factory or aftermarket sunroof.

The two new sets of targa seals I had put on my car are from Toyota and are infact factory seals. IIRC I paid $200+ for them. I Installed them myself both times using the "Targa Top Leak Fix" method as in the Tech section. I want to find a reputable shop in town who specialize in sunroofs and convertible tops to seal this bastard once and for all.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
HT5SSilverSupraT said:
Hardtop FTW... again :)

I have a targa too. Something about having to UNBOLT it that just sucks. IF I keep the targa I will be looking into a quick release mod of some sort.

would something like the quick release mechanism used on bike tires work for the targa, if properly set up?

lifted

Jun 13, 2006
memphis
Clip said:
would something like the quick release mechanism used on bike tires work for the targa, if properly set up?

good thinking, the only problem i see is you would want a bigger bolt.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
theKnifeArtist said:
yeah i always thought of some way to make it a quick release but got nothing. can you even take those bolts out?
oh yeah and targa ftw!

i think u can i should experment on my 88 parts car..... but its like an hour away

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yes, you can remove the bolts, no a quick release wouldn't work as the top is a structural member of the vehicle when attached...

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Poodles said:
yes, you can remove the bolts, no a quick release wouldn't work as the top is a structural member of the vehicle when attached...

alright i understand that
but mkiv's tops are the same bolts and in the fast and the furious *god forbid* the orange fugly mkiv had a quick release