Targa top/How I love it

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
OneJoeZee said:
Well you're NA, so I guess you have to have get your fun in the supra somewhere.:biglaugh:

i'd rather have a slow-targa than a fast hardtop..

i'd rather enjoy my own car than to care so much about what others think...

there's a saying i heard on another forum that goes "unless your name's on the title, you should shut the fuck up about my car."

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
There are times that I wish I had a Targa.. I just keep telling myself *The hardtops are more rigid and weigh less* It helps me sleep at night :biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
RazoE said:
i'd rather have a slow-targa than a fast hardtop..

i'd rather enjoy my own car than to care so much about what others think...

there's a saying i heard on another forum that goes "unless your name's on the title, you should shut the fuck up about my car."
i actually agree here. speed isn't that important to me, as neither is fuel economy and what not. when i first laid eyes on the cars, the targa roof WAS a deciding factor in my purchase. I drive this car 4 kilometers a day roughly so when i drive it, i want to enjoy the hell out of it.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
1988SupraDreams said:
There are times that I wish I had a Targa.. I just keep telling myself *The hardtops are more rigid and weigh less* It helps me sleep at night :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: so true its sad

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
The targa has been one other thing on the list of features I love about the MKIII. However the leaky roof makes me want to sell. LOL. To bad it not for sale. LOL

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
supra 1. Targa
supra 2. Sunroof
supra 3.(current) Hardtop.

Targa downfall= chassis flex like crazy+leaks
Sunroof downfall= fucking thing had a bent frame.. never got to drive it
Hardtop downfall... no chassis flex, but imma miss the targa.. gets alotta looks

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
tekdeus said:
I wanted a sunroof so bad but there were none so I went with a targa. I am much happier now that I've experienced it! Not to mention that the Mk3 sunroofs only open half way!

Wrong, mines factory and opens all the way :biglaugh:

Although i did have a targa, and i loved it, but i sold it to a reall good friend of mine, and i bought another one but with a factory installed sunroof! and its a beauty.

Last edited:

havocatl

Boost get's you Laid
Apr 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Just took the top off today for the first time so far this year!!!!

Last summer i drove to Florida and back a few times (7 hour drive) with the top off the WHOLE time. It was absolutly frickin awesome!

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
My car still has the factory roof seals and doesn't leak. People complaining about how it leaks need to blame previous owners for not taking care of their car, themselves, or just buy new seals and be done with it.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i prefer my hardtop because i like to sling my NA into corners and slide it sideways, not drive with an open air feel. i guess this will end up the same way as the arguments on 7m vs 1j, and the arguments about looks vs performance.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ha... God designed the Supra for Sunny Florida :cool:

Nothing is as cool as getting out of class, walking out to the parking lot, gazing in amazement at the only MKIII sitting out there (have seen a MKII and a MKIV though!), unbolting the top (usually while someone waits impatiently to get my parking spot), placing it with love and care into the hatch, and then taking an hour or two cruise to Daytona Beach.

Nothing

Else

Compares.

I can't wait to get my 5 speed in the car next week!

I do dislike the shimmy of the targa off, though. Gonna look into building subframe connectors this summer.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Doward said:
Nothing is as cool as getting out of class, walking out to the parking lot, gazing in amazement at the only MKIII sitting out there (have seen a MKII and a MKIV though!), unbolting the top (usually while someone waits impatiently to get my parking spot), placing it with love and care into the hatch, and then taking an hour or two cruise to Daytona Beach.

Nothing

Else

Compares.

Yup, I do that at work, I park, and only tighten it enough to where you cant pry it off, and take it off once I go to lunch or home...

Co-workers ask what the fuck i'm doing, and then saying, "holy shit, that's nice" (except for one with but he has an 88, and he never takes his targa off) when I've taken it off while talking to them..

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Dachande said:
My car still has the factory roof seals and doesn't leak. People complaining about how it leaks need to blame previous owners for not taking care of their car, themselves, or just buy new seals and be done with it.

That makes absolutley no sense, well part of it. How the hell can you go blame a previous owner for there actions. The part about the seals, im on my second set of brand new seals and the bastard still leaks

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Suprastic said:
That makes absolutley no sense, well part of it. How the hell can you go blame a previous owner for there actions. The part about the seals, im on my second set of brand new seals and the bastard still leaks

You cant just throw universal seals in there yourself and call it a day. i took my car to a shop and they quoted me 250 because its an AFC sunroof, and thier having bull sh** problems or something

where did you get your seals from if you dont mind me asking, i really need some lol

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
madsupra88 said:
You cant just throw universal seals in there yourself and call it a day. i took my car to a shop and they quoted me 250 because its an AFC sunroof, and thier having bull sh** problems or something

where did you get your seals from if you dont mind me asking, i really need some lol
Some where on this site there is a bunch of pics with the install procedure and info on where to get the seals which i believe u can get from any toyo dealer. I believe its in the tech section of SM:icon_bigg