SOGI mod, cut and weld thread or tap new shift stick?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Im about to do the SOGI mod, I was wondering what was better choice, cutting the old thread off and welding it in the new spot, or tapping new thread on the new stick part, if I tap it, what size is it?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
phoenix6 said:
So I take it u recommend tapping it instead?

If you can cut and weld it, go for it. If it is easier for you to just cut and tap it, do that. It's all up to you. If it were me, I would cut and weld since that would be easier.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
AF1JZ said:
If you can cut and weld it, go for it. If it is easier for you to just cut and tap it, do that. It's all up to you. If it were me, I would cut and weld since that would be easier.

Either ones easier, Im asking differnces and what people mostly prefer.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I cut and welded mine. It came out to be the perfect height. My arm is level on the armrest when holding the shifter, but I dont have a stock knob. I dont know what kind of knob it is.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'll tell you a good shift knob that i have which makes the shifting easier and smooth after the sogi mod and using the merlin crawler shifter seat and socket....The greddy counterweight shift knob.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
AF1JZ said:
I'll tell you a good shift knob that i have which makes the shifting easier and smooth after the sogi mod and using the merlin crawler shifter seat and socket....The greddy counterweight shift knob.

I have the TRUST thingy, I think its that counterweight one.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
p630941_1.jpg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
uh...i don't know if whats left over after the sogi mod is of large enough diameter to thread to the appropriate size. I welded old threads onto mine - and the threads were a good 3-5mm larger in diameter than the piece it was welded to.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
wait
that looks like pete's car, nevermind
Correct me if I'm wrong, Weezl's?

edit:
I'm wrong again
I don't know who's car that is, Weezl's is an auto.
I'm making an ass of myself.