So, who here plays GT4?

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
Ma70.Ent said:
Nitrous doesn't really help much on Nurburgring IMO. The bumpy roads make it horrible for you to go too fast, and it's only useable on some very long straights.

The MKIV should be much quicker than my Ma70 though. My Ma70 fully tuned is heavier by a few kgs and has 610 hp. You're supra should have 850ish.

Yeah your right.... 834 Hp. 773 Tq

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
I play. Not much recently tho. I used to kick ass, I don't even remember exactly where I am tho. I'll hafta fire it up and find out....

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
If enough people play, maybe we should have a competition such as:

FWD vs AWD vs MR vs RWD (teams of 3-5)

or

Japan vs USA vs Germany vs UK (teams of 3-5)

It'll be a hot lap competition and there will be certain point values assigned to getting in a certain position. The team that adds up to the most points wins on that specific course and recieves a certain point value for that. It'll be a series of 15 tracks, maybe? :D Oh yeah, there'll be a budget for each drivetrain (depending on what we think needs more money to be better. IE: FWD), but the budget will be constant if we do the country idea.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
what me and my friend did is everyone chose any car, and tried to build the car for a grand total includign car for 50k or under. great competition we had and we did all the tracks. i came in 1st but its not quite fair cause i play the most :p

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
That's basically what this competition is. It's a concept that's done a lot, but I'm trying to switch it up by making it a team one, etc.

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
Ma70.Ent said:
If enough people play, maybe we should have a competition such as:

FWD vs AWD vs MR vs RWD (teams of 3-5)

or

Japan vs USA vs Germany vs UK (teams of 3-5)

It'll be a hot lap competition and there will be certain point values assigned to getting in a certain position. The team that adds up to the most points wins on that specific course and recieves a certain point value for that. It'll be a series of 15 tracks, maybe? :D Oh yeah, there'll be a budget for each drivetrain (depending on what we think needs more money to be better. IE: FWD), but the budget will be constant if we do the country idea.

I think that is a good idea.... You can count me in.... We should get it started soon

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
Ma70.Ent said:
We need at least 12 people.

Dammit..... Well hurry up people... lol

Do you think we could have one of the 15 tracks be the Nur? i love that track..... lol

Ohh BTW the Ma70.Ent- Sorry bout my first couple posts in this thread... I feel bad... So i just wanted to say sorry and that there is no hard feelings.

EDIT: Do have any track ideas yet? Id love to help you out on this, if you dont care or you would like some help

Last edited:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I'm not sure whether we're doing a country or drivetrain competition yet, but, for tracks, here's the list, in no specific order:

1. Citti di Aria
2. Costa de Amalfi
3. Cote D'Azur
4. Opera Paris
5. Seattle Circuit
6. El Capitan
7. Grand Valley Speedway
8. Autumn Ring
9. Trial Mountain
10. Deep Forest Raceway
11. Infineon Sports Car Course
12. Suzuka Circuit
13. Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
14. Nurburgring
15. Laguna Seca

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I play, I'm a hair over 83%. I finally beat the Skyline slip stream driving mission!

supraman2251 said:
anybody here gotten a sub 8min time on the nurb?

I mean w/ modified street cars, not the GT cars..

I passed both full lap Nurburgring license tests with Gold time.

If we do another GT4 time attack count me in. I have to defend my title ;) (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19179)

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
ekd663 said:
Autumn Ring?
Motorland??

Put in Tokyo and Laguna Seca instead IMO.

Tokyo is too easy IMO, and it's all even easier to wallride. (even though you're not supposed to...) Autumn Ring requires some decent skill.

Laguna Seca, sounds like a good idea. I'll replace Motorland with that.

Also, I'm not sure if I should include in "II" tracks to replace the "I" ones, so give me ideas on that too.

Finally, do you guys want drivetrain or country competition? If you pick drivetrain, what should the budget for each of the drivetrains be? I'll give you a "base" to start with.

RWD - 50k including the car

Otherwise, if it's for country, the general budget will be 50-75k including car. (vote on which one we should do)

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I like the country idea with a $75K budget. How many people have the time to do this though? Get a group buy type list going with names of all the people who are definitely in.

Just an idea: Maybe incorporate it with a points system.

2 - 2nd
1 - 3rd

The points would be decided by the drivers top course times added together and then averaged out. The team with the quickest average time gets the most points. That way it would encourage everyone to do good and not say "Swaqs on my team so we are gonna win" lol.

ekd663

Nov 7, 2005
WI
Ma70.Ent said:
Tokyo is too easy IMO, and it's all even easier to wallride. (even though you're not supposed to...) Autumn Ring requires some decent skill.

eh.. good point. Fair enough.:icon_bigg