so, what is it about a mkiii supra?

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
OneJoeZee said:
Thank you. Whoever thinks the MKIV is a chick magnet is delusional. Maybe some but not even close to the amount of teenage boys it attracts.
i never said the MKIV was a chick magnet, i said that it could pull 1000x the girls that a MKIII will.. and that is simply because the MKIII doesn't appeal much to girls (in my experience). maybe it's just my age group (i'm sure the case would be even worse as you get older though), if you guys think differently thats cool too, don't be gay about it though :\

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
thechori said:
if you guys think differently thats cool too, don't be gay about it though :\

:word8kn: i think the mkiv would get a shitload of girls compared to the mkiii. the mkiii is too "boxy" or "ugly" for a lot of chicks around here. mine still gives me a massive erection every time i drive it though, so i'm fine... for now.:evil2:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
theciviceater89 said:
haha. and another thing, how do you guys deal with losing a race? i have lost only one, and it was an undertsandable loss, cuz i had a stock 89 turbo, AUTO ftl, and my buddy i raced has a 70 camaro with 475 to the tires hahaha....RAPE.

YOU, are For The Lose. :3d_frown:

Back to topic:

Upon first getting my A70 Supra...My thoughts were, "Hey, it's unique, it's got a lot of potential, and,...IT'S A SUPRA!". But I still would've taken a MKIV anyday.

Now, as time progresses, and I'm around Supras much more frequently now (Of all Generations)...I can proudly say that owning a MINT A70 or a MINT A80...I'd still stick with my roots.

:)

In all honesty, I'd love to have one of each Generation...
But not all of us have deep pockets like that. :biglaugh:

-Jeff

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
For me, i was looking at 3 cars at the time. A 80's firebird, a 93 mr2 turbo, and a Supra which actually a high school teacher introduced to me. I Fell in love with everything about that car, and all cars were simply inferior.
as
Keros: One has to appreciate the Mk3 for what it is, not hate it for what it's not.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
The SHAPE! Especially when lowered just right, with the grey interior hardtop turbo 5spd blk...my bad, got a little carried away there...But yeah, I always liked Supras, of all generations especially the fourth, and here in Columbus, Ohio, I see lots of MKIIIs around, most are stock or just dead, and when I do finally see a modded one, I'm just.....fascinated, and that's what drawed me to the A70...Seriously, if I was able to buy a fourth gen right now, I wouldn't, I would rather get a perfect(all that i described above) mint condit A70 and use the rest of the money on mods...Don't get me wrong though, fourth gens are still beasty.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Actually, my first Supra love was an 83 model. Damn near indestructible, much faster than the 83 Trans Am I had before it, and all around a much better car than anything else I was looking at. I got my 87 Supra about 5 yrs. later(83 was rusting apart, beyond help), and never looked back. Even though its n/a, I've put alot of work into it, and have a very reliable, fun, decent looking car.
Every time something breaks on my brother's 96 Trans Am, I tell him, "Damn, don't you wish you owned a Supra?" My 20 yr. old car has original head light motors(he's been through 3 sets), original window motors(he's on his 2nd set), and MUCH more comfortable seats. When I eventually get my new 7m done, he won't be faster than me anymore, either. He's looking to trade back to a Mustang, as the inner shell of his driver's door(plastic) is cracking.
I'd really like to get another Mkii. I have an '85 P-type at the shop I'm working on for someone, and realize how much I really would like to have one again. I really don't think he has enough money to finish it, so hopefully I can get it for a good price.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
to me it's just a muscle car from japan.it has alot of potential and can be built into a supercar.just look down the side of the car from the front turn signal.bulging fender and rear quarter,curved just like a girl laying on her stomach.sexy for sure

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
The answer is VERY easy.

1. The car looks like this
recent.jpg

with styling that was designed back in the early 80s - a look that still holds its own even today more than 20 years after it was designed.

2. In stock form the turbo models will handle most cars at the track - modification potential is incredible

3. SPORT ROOF!

4. Damn that thing is comfortable - even for me at 6'4"

5. These cars can be VERY reliable. I've got nearly 190,000 miles on my 89 an the engine/turbo have never been rebuilt. The only work done was a retorque back at about 74,000 miles.

I actually wrote up an ad to post here on SM to sell my brand new rims. As I wrote the ad I included a picture of KevinM's Supra with the same rims and I just couldn't bring myself to post up the ad to sell the rims. I MUST get back to working on my 89T again ASAP!

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
KeithH said:
The answer is VERY easy.

1. The car looks like this
recent.jpg

with styling that was designed back in the early 80s - a look that still holds its own even today more than 20 years after it was designed.

2. In stock form the turbo models will handle most cars at the track - modification potential is incredible

3. SPORT ROOF!

4. Damn that thing is comfortable - even for me at 6'4"

5. These cars can be VERY reliable. I've got nearly 190,000 miles on my 89 an the engine/turbo have never been rebuilt. The only work done was a retorque back at about 74,000 miles.

I actually wrote up an ad to post here on SM to sell my brand new rims. As I wrote the ad I included a picture of KevinM's Supra with the same rims and I just couldn't bring myself to post up the ad to sell the rims. I MUST get back to working on my 89T again ASAP!

yes you should... spend money on it like its a MKIV ;)