so, what is it about a mkiii supra?

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Its great when 4cyl turbos hit the gas to get their bov to go off with a tiny turbo. Then i wind up my turbo..and they pee there pants a little.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
i love my mkiii but a mkiv Supra is my dream car. i'd take a '97 Single Supra over any Lambo, Ferrari, or mostly any other supercar. very few exceptions, like maybe a Mclaren F1 or somethin.

speaking of the smell, apparently my car isn't the only one that somehow smells incredible (like vanilla, actually... weird) even though i have NO air fresheners or anything. is that just how it is, kind of a natural phenomenon?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
87mgte said:
ispeaking of the smell, apparently my car isn't the only one that somehow smells incredible (like vanilla, actually... weird) even though i have NO air fresheners or anything. is that just how it is, kind of a natural phenomenon?
Mine smells like old perfume and cat pee.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
87mgte said:
i love my mkiii but a mkiv Supra is my dream car. i'd take a '97 Single Supra over any Lambo, Ferrari, or mostly any other supercar. very few exceptions, like maybe a Mclaren F1 or somethin.

speaking of the smell, apparently my car isn't the only one that somehow smells incredible (like vanilla, actually... weird) even though i have NO air fresheners or anything. is that just how it is, kind of a natural phenomenon?

I think that smell maybe from a body shop. Last 2 times my cars been in there its come back smelling like that kinda and it lingers.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
What is it about the MKIII?

Hmm...

1) Double wishbone fully independent front and rear suspension.

2) Targa top.

3) Interior pieces are bolted/screwed into place - no plastic clips that break, thank you very much.

4) Dual overhead camshafts, actuating 24 valves.

5) Turbocharged and intercooled

6) The sleek lines, and how little people generally know about the car.

7) The front seats. Seriously. The front leather electric seats are what won me over on the MKIII.

bobdoles_monkey

Dec 9, 2007
san diego
that you dont have this under your hood
sm_photo_missing.jpg

:biglaugh:

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Doward said:
7) The front seats. Seriously. The front leather electric seats are what won me over on the MKIII.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've owned several mkiii. I currently own 2 Turbo mkiii's and one Twin mkiv. The experience is very differently. The mkiii is like the forgotten (by the ignorant public) child, the Cinderella of sorts, whereas any pimple-head kid on the streets can tell a mkiv right away. I took down a modded mkiii with my stockish mkiv, but it was a bit sad for me, because I love my mkiv tons, but I'm totally bananas about the mkiii. The body lines, the front end, the shifter action, the engine sounds, the way boost builds, the comfiest seats ever put on four wheels, imho, etc. I can't wait to get my 90T back on the road to start putting some cars in their place (no sense in taking cars down with the mkiv). The mkiv is faster, but seems to go about its business in a colder way; in short, the mkiii is pure passion.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theciviceater89 said:
yup, i know, i know. i can be quit a retard i will admit. but, i just got my tt 2j from japan the other day, and i can even give you guys a link to the site..

:bsflag:

Didn't you PM me a little while back asking me when the Vegas meet was(after the Vegas meet was already over btw), so you can show off your new 2J Supra?

Too bad I deleted that PM.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
Hell, you guys are funny.

I have to agree with the vanilla smell though. Now that you guys mention it, my both mk3s that I've owned did smell like vanilla.

As for loving the 3rd gen.. well, first: the lines of the body are pefect. It's got the boxy look to it like the mark ii but at the same time its got some of the curves that the mk iv has.
I love my mk3 and no one can change that. I will soon be a proud owner of a mk3 with a 2jz but I've still have massive respect for the 7m. As for the 1jz.. I've never had the pleasure of driving it but I know its one hell of a ride too.

THIS IS SUPRA!!!!

-Ed.d

(edit: 1jz soon enough once I finish the 7m...) -Ed.t

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
super.secret.supra.club said:
as for the 1jz. ive never had the pleasure of driving it but i know its one hell of a ride too.

It definitely is!!! Even with the stock twins. Boost is almost instant. I love it.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
thechori said:
if given the choice, i would get the MKIV, mostly because i wouldn't have to spend much to get ~400whp out of it.. and it's way more classy, you can pull 1000x the chicks in a MKIV then a MKIII :[

drop in a 2jz... done... MKIV power without the MKIV price.

i love my mk3.. but honestly, everytime i see an mkiv my heart stops and i stare at it until i can't see it any more. i love the look so much. i decided not to swap in my 2jz into my 89 and save it for when i get an MKIV. i have 2 chances to get one. my grandfather has a 69 corvette that we can get appraised and take a loan out on it. but i have to wait until 2009.. all my debt will be paid off and i'll have an excelent chance at getting approved to get the loan.