Slow's build: Wheelie Bar Equipped

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
IJ. said:
Bryan: Yep BBC but a Crower Injector :)

And yes I built it all ...... (never again though)

VERY nice! I hear ya though, this build has been so taxing (monetarily and physically, ive done basically the whole damn thing without anyones help, which is not fun most times) That im not sure i can do another all out build like this unless im being compensated very well...lol

BTW, did you do a full moly tube chassis, or MS?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Slow66 said:
VERY nice! I hear ya though, this build has been so taxing (monetarily and physically, ive done basically the whole damn thing without anyones help, which is not fun most times) ?

Let me know when you need a hand and ill be there(i also need you to weld a testpipe with my dimensions and materials when i have them). i can also try and get a bunch of other ct supra people there, like jon, jono, and alex.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Some progress this weekend....

Did some cutting away of the stock sheetmetal...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

And then boxed it in with some 1/8" steel, and also capped the ends of the framerails that i hacked off (as seen in previous pics)...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then got to use my new bender to bend up some pipes....
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Tubed front end...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Test fitting body panels...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Plenty of room for the turbo, fuel cell, radiator, and dry sump setup....at least i hope so....
sm_photo_missing.jpg

And the infamous CFX 2" carbon cowl hood...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Next weekend i think i'll tackle mounting the turbo/fuel cell/radiator....finally got some motivation back :)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Amazing work man.

where are you mounting the fuel cell? up front?

How's your weight distribution going to be now that you have the new rear and cage/ with the fuel cell and dry sump up front?

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
americanjebus said:
Amazing work man.

where are you mounting the fuel cell? up front?

How's your weight distribution going to be now that you have the new rear and cage/ with the fuel cell and dry sump up front?

Yes, the fuel cell will be up front. 3 gal vertical cell.

My guess is that the car will be a little nose heavy, maybe in the 55/45 range? Its hard to guess with all the weight reduction i've done, but i don't mind it to be a little nose heavy to help keep the front down on the launch. I'm also hoping for it to weigh in the 2500lb range without driver.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Slow are you some kind of miracle worker. This car is heavenly. You are making the Connecticut supra community priceless. I would really like to see this at the track once it is finished, or would love to see it dynoed.
Wanted to say hi and what's up from connecticut.

Let the locals know when you go......

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
88YotaTurbo said:
Slow are you some kind of miracle worker. This car is heavenly. You are making the Connecticut supra community priceless. I would really like to see this at the track once it is finished, or would love to see it dynoed.
Wanted to say hi and what's up from connecticut.

Let the locals know when you go......

When the time comes that this thing runs, everyone will know, even those who don't care...lol. I do my dyno-ing over kinda near you in Waterbury at Jannetty Racing. Hopefully in the spring i'll be over there making pulls. We'll see how the $$ situation goes.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
I've known jannetty for a long time through friends. I'll definetaly be there.
On a side note - Jannety helped my friend get his neon tuned up. The yellow SRT-4 with about 500 whp

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
More updates....

Got the turbo mounted tonight.....

made a mounting flange
sm_photo_missing.jpg

attatched to some tubing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

welded to the tubed front
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

turbo mounted
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

behind the bumper
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Think i'm gonna start on the exhaust mani tomorrow....pics to come.