Slow's build: Wheelie Bar Equipped

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
whoo! New England Dragway ftw!
not really, but it's local to me...

I cant wait for this season. I want to see some Supras there!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
bryan-

just fyi. they no longer make lexan magic. it was taken over by a 3 piece set made by novus. supposedly that stuff rocks too, but havent tried it.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
dbsupra90 said:
bryan-

just fyi. they no longer make lexan magic. it was taken over by a 3 piece set made by novus. supposedly that stuff rocks too, but havent tried it.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out....

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Got the stuff in for my exhaust manifold today...heres some pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

All 321 stainless, 6->1 double slip collector to t6 flange, 1 5/8" u-bends and straight pipe. Once my Tig welder comes in, ill get started on it. Teh turbo mount (which is on the framerail) and engine limiter (strut from engine to frame) should be done this upcoming weekend, so the turbo will be mounted, and i'll have a place to bolt the collector to, to fab the primaries....more pics this weekend...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
looks awesome!

i tell ya, their collectors are just works of art. you def spared no expense, and i think the final product will show that as well.

good luck w/ it!

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
dbsupra90 said:
looks awesome!

i tell ya, their collectors are just works of art. you def spared no expense, and i think the final product will show that as well.

good luck w/ it!

Dave, tell me about it! I pulled this thing out of the box and fell in love...lol As far as expense is concerned, well, let me just say im embarassed abotu how much i spent on this stuff, but i just cant bring myself to cheap out on this type of stuff.....now if i had a bandsaw and my tig already, i might consider makign it myself, but these guys have been doing this stuff for years, and it shows. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Mo, you know its on liek donkey kong with your car once i get more done on this bucket...lol

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey Slow if you don't mind me asking what did that whole kit for the manifold cost you? I know the stuff for Burns is crazy expensive! Also how does the slip connector setup on those work as you obviously can't weld between those tubes. Looks like this this is going to be down right sickening. Keep up the hard work.

Seth

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
All the stuff for the exhaust manifold was $1200ish :(

best way to show is with a pic....

01100022.jpg

the primary tube slips inside the collector, and a collar is welded to the primary that slips outside the collector. From there tabs are welded on the collector and the primaries that physically bolt the 2 together snugly...

Thanks for the compliments :)

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Slow66 said:
All the stuff for the exhaust manifold was $1200ish :(

best way to show is with a pic....

01100022.jpg

the primary tube slips inside the collector, and a collar is welded to the primary that slips outside the collector. From there tabs are welded on the collector and the primaries that physically bolt the 2 together snugly...

Thanks for the compliments :)

Got it! Yea I was pricing stuff from them to do a manifold and it was just crazy. Where did you get your main manifold flange from? Thanks for all the helpful information. Keep up the hard work this thing is amazing! O yea almost forgot you said you are doing a bigger plenum manifold? (5" or 6"?):naughty:

Thanks,
Seth

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Bryan, if you need more 1 5/8" tubing in 321, 16 ga., I have a lot of them. I mostly just use the bends and end up not using the legs. Did you deal with Vince at burns? He's a cool guy. Have fun building your manifold and who ended up with the one I made?
Seth, you can weld around all of the double slip connections, it doesn't look like you can, but "if you can see it, you can weld it." Although it will defeat the purpose of the double slip/expansion joint connection.

~Ron

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
jt2ma71 said:
Bryan, if you need more 1 5/8" tubing is 321, 16 ga., I have a lot of them. I mostly just use the bends and end up not using the legs. Did you deal with Vince at burns? He's a cool guy. Have fun building your manifold and who ended up with the one I made?
Seth, you can weld around all of the double slip connections, it doesn't look like you can, but "if you can see it, you can weld it." Although it will defeat the purpose of the double slip/expansion joint connection.

~Ron

Ron, i'll definitely get ahold of you if i need some more...which is very possible :) Im pretty sure Vince is the guy that helped me out. He was pretty cool and knew exactly what i wanted to do... Dave Z. (fstoy) ended up with the one you made me. I really didnt wanna give it up because it was so beautiful, but at the same time i didnt want to cut up duanes CF hood too...It was a tough decision, btu i know Dave will make good use of that mani.

Seth, as far as the head flange is concerned, i bought one off a guy on SF, but it ended up the ports were like 1 3/4" so theyre basically useless to me ( too big of a primary even for my motor) So im gonna see if i can get someone local to basically copy it, only with some 1 5/8" od ports....thats the plan anyways....The intake mani is a 5" plenum. I got the runners cut up, just waiting for my welder to come in :)