SILV07

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
well. its going to be a pain if i cant rent a hotel. im only 19. ill probably just sleep in the supra at a rest stop or something. how far is sacremento from vegas? ive got friends that live out there. probably is going to be too far of a drive.

anyways can i get someone to rent a room for me and my friend and we'll pay for it?

i suppose ill end up sleeping in the car though. ill have my indash dvd unit in and ill bring my laptop and my ps2 and i'll rock out and drink some dr.pepper! lol.

-Tyler

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I will most likely be there. Hope to meet some of you West coast ladies!!!

J/k...Hope it would be a good time. Coming down with the misses most likely. Maybe gamble also after the meet. Who knows I might come out rich as hell right???

Anybody else going from the east coast??

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
well. its going to be a pain if i cant rent a hotel. im only 19. ill probably just sleep in the supra at a rest stop or something. how far is sacremento from vegas? ive got friends that live out there. probably is going to be too far of a drive.

anyways can i get someone to rent a room for me and my friend and we'll pay for it?

i suppose ill end up sleeping in the car though. ill have my indash dvd unit in and ill bring my laptop and my ps2 and i'll rock out and drink some dr.pepper! lol.

-Tyler

sleep in your car? Don't do that. I'm sure there will be someone 21+ who will be willing to room with you. Going to Vegas to sleep in your car sounds like a really sucky situation. You have alot of time to plan ahead and arrange a room.:)

CampbellsChunkySoupra

Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
OneJoeZee said:
sleep in your car? Don't do that. I'm sure there will be someone 21+ who will be willing to room with you. Going to Vegas to sleep in your car sounds like a really sucky situation. You have alot of time to plan ahead and arrange a room.:)

yeah, i think ill be alright. as long as i dont BHG. thats my biggest fear. im still new to sm.com hopefully someone will be cool and room with me.

im not gay and i drive a supra. what else could u want? :biglaugh:

-Tyler

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
amen!

hey, im in des moines. would u plan on taking i-80 east because that goes right through iowa and ive got my car and hopefully Lee_ma61's 2jz-gte mkii we could tag along and have a fun little caravan. hopefully i dont bhg ;)

its probably cheaper to fly over but what the hell, who wants to be at SILV without a SUPRA!?

Be careful on I-80. That late in the year, when you go west of Denver into the mountains it could be snowing hard. It could also be 70 and sunny. You just don't know until that day.

CampbellsChunkySoupra

Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
ugh! i just mapquested it and its showing up at 20 hours and 14 minutes for the one way trip! talk about insane.

i might fly. im not sure if ~55 hours of driving is good for my car in a 4 day period :-\ we'll see. ive got more time to play with some ideas and make some money.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You have the ultimate road car, a luxury GT and you are going to fly? Like Rich is going to do, I drove from Toledo, Ohio last year and had a great trip. About 2000 miles one way. You have it easy.

Last edited:

CampbellsChunkySoupra

Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
Nick M said:
You have the ultimate road car, a luxury GT and you are going to fly?

55 hours of interstate driving with the threat of snow, BHG's, tire blow outs, idiots on the interstate, cops, hotel room... and gas prices. we'll see. sometimes money does play an important part.

ill do the math for you quick JUST for gas.

one way trip: 1421 miles @ 21 mpg

1421miles / 21mpg = 68 gallons of fuel
68g x $2.60/gal of gas = $176.xx
$176 x 2 = $352 [round trip]
misc gas usage in las vegas is another $30
$352+$30 = $382

gas total give or take based on gas prices = $400
-------------------------
other misc potential costs/expenditures:

Hotel room in las vegas? = $not cheap
Random low profile z-rated tire blowing out? = $115
getting a ticket for no front plate in iowa = $85
getting a ticket for window tint on the front windows in iowa = $93
BHG? = $price of a hg and bringing along the tools
still havent included costs of beverages and food and souvenirs = $75

making it to SILV07 from des moines and back = priceless!

-------------------------------------------------------
anyways to top it all off. here is a link to www.orbitz.com with a roundtrip flight from des moines -> las vegas is just around $235 - $250 when all is said and done http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=6514&r=k7&z=6516&r=k9&lastPage=interstitial

once again though. id have to find a way to a hotel and to the events. was just bored and doing the math for everyone.

-Tyler :aigo:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
If this one really goes to 11, is Spinal Tap going to be playing at the show and shine? :biglaugh:

We will be there even if Spinal Tap doesn't make it.

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
bigaaron said:
If this one really goes to 11, is Spinal Tap going to be playing at the show and shine? :biglaugh:

I was gonna say something about Spinal Tap and going to 11 too but IDK how many people would have gotten it

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Gas is close to/over $3.00 a gallon when you get near Vegas.

Don't take I-80, and you won't have snow. And don't go if it puts you in a finacial hole. Take your own good advice on that one. BHG?? Maybe someday I guess. :dunno:

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
If i'm up and running I wanna cruise down there...I read someone from PA is goin, chunky is in Iowa...who else from the northeast or midwest is planning on going...i'd luv a 1400 mile cruise :)...

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
ll be going this year was really fun last year and what the hell if your only 18 you always got the strip clubs :naughty:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
kylefoto said:
wait whattttttttt?
You have to be 21 to rent a hotel?
yea I went to expedia.com and found some pritty good deals then I'm reading the fine print and I see you must be 21 to check into this hotel. Tried a diffrent hotel same thing. I think I'm going to bring someone down with me to check in.