Sethron71's 92' 500RWHP Build, lots of pics!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Well as some of you saw I bought a 92' Black Targa Turbo a couple weeks back for $2000.
Needs the motor rebuilt, low compression in the #6 cylinder and massive blow by.

I have my Supra still sitting in Washington State while I am now in Virginia and am just going to make this my mild DD.

Horse Power goal: 450rwhp at 18psi on pump gas

Here are a few pics of the car as I bought it:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p977768_1.jpg

p977768_2.jpg

p977768_3.jpg

p977768_4.jpg

And a vid of some fun in it before it went to rest in the shop:

Have a much better video but haven't uploaded it yet!

List of mods when I bought the car:
-HKS Metal Head Gasket
-ARP Head Studs
-HKS Dragger Cat Back (beat up and has a whole in it, looks quiet old yet muffler is in good condition, will be forsale if anyone is interested)
-Greddy Electronic Boost Controller
-Apexi Pen Turbo Timer
-HKS Fuel Cut Defense
-Upgraded CT
-Upgraded Tems Shocks w/ Eibach Springs
-Greddy Type S BOV
-K&N FPIK

Parts already received for the rebuild:
ARP Main Bolts – Received
ARP Rod Bolts – Received
Gasket Set - Received
Aisin Oil Pump - Received
Timing Belt and water pump - Received
Gear Oil Redline MT-90 - Received
2.5" IC Piping and FMIC - Received
Solid motor mounts - Received
Startlite hoses and Black fittings - Received
Fuel Regulator - Ordered
PTE 550 Injectors - Ordered
S-AFC II - Ordered
Wideband AEM- Ordered
FFIM - Just need time to make!
Fuel Pump - Ordered
Aluminum Drive Shaft - Ordered
Fidanza Flywheel - Ordered

Parts still waiting to get/order for the rebuild:
Pistons, rings, wrist pins – $150
Clevite Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, and thrust washers – $120
Engine Work - $750
Belts - $50
NGK Spark Plugs and Wires - $90
Oil - $50
Anti-Freeze - $10

If I forgot any essentials please tell me!

Haven't torn into the motor yet still need it in the car for mocking up FFIM's Everything is loose and ready to take out pretty much just need to finish a few more things, should come out next week.

As it is going to by my DD it is not going to be crazy but here are my plans for the future:
Performance:
Spec 3+ 650HP Clutch
Turbo Manifold
GT35R
Oil Lines and Fittings for GT35R
Turbo Blanket
Exhaust Piping
Muffler
Electronic boost controller
Radiator
Electric Fans

Looks, Car will be pretty much stealth/blacked:
Black 18's with polished lip(off supra back home):
p977768_6.jpg

Full Bomex including whale tail
Tinted windows
Modified Trim
Front Smoked Blinker Covers

Pics as it sits:
p977768_7.jpg

p977768_8.jpg

Manifold Mocked up for clearance:
p977768_9.jpg

Carbon Covered Wheel Center Caps just for fun, would look better on black wheels!
p977768_10.jpg

Sorry for the forever long post....lol But after the initial rebuild it will take a year or so to collect all the parts to add the power!

Thanks for looking,
Seth

Last edited:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
HommerSimpson;977805 said:
Very Nice looking.. IC pipes over radiator ? humm i did that to :}

Yea I have seen yours before As well very nice install. Not sure about cutting the hood mine is all with the hood stock. That car sits in Washington State at my parents house. Learned alot from it building it for 5 years and am excited for a fresh start! I will go back to it one day as it is pretty close to being drivable again and will do 550rwhp no problem, hopefully 500 on pump gas!

Seth

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
sethron71;977789 said:
O here are some pics of my cars engine bay back home just so you know the work I do...lol:
p978420_1.jpg

p978420_2.jpg

p978420_3.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Seth

ahh i remember that build thread, damn that car was beautiful... this one is no less of amazing either. lets see what you can do to this one Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
bluemkiii;978234 said:
How much you looking to get for the hks dragger? do you have any good pics of the major rust and hole?

How does $200+shipping sound? The muffler is in very good condition, I will polish it up for you. The rest is not in the best shape, someone ran the car over a curb or somthing and pretty much dented everything under the car a bit! But I will get pics. I am thinking this went on the car when it was pretty knew and is just worn from time. Mainly just the muffler section is in good condition!

Everyone else thanks for the comments.

Really wish I had the blue car here but it will still be waiting for me one day!

O and ordered new valves and new valve seats last night!

Thanks,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Dammit they screwed up my order and don't even have all the parts I ordered! I will be ordering them from someone else.

Questions:
When is it necessary to replace the valve guides and valves.

Motor has 130K+ on it.

Like I said before motor will never go over 500rwhp so no need for bigger valves or anything like that.....lol

IJ and all you other vets head me in the right direction. The last motor I build for the blue car was pretty damn good but want to do this one mint.

BTW the motor will come out next weekend(one week) get torn down and then go to the builder the next week!

Engine bay will be painted once I pull the motor for the real build. First the motor will come out get proper rebuild and a few mods and go right back in for DD driving. Luckily I only have to driver like twice a week, walk a block to work everyday!

Thanks for looking,
Seth

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
It makes me very angry when i see people buying $2000 92' Supras and im up here in Shitville Mass. And cant even find a decent 87' turbo. :3d_frown:

But i must say she's a beauty!!! LOVEE THE BLACK!!!! :love::love:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
TuRbOdReAmZ87;980366 said:
It makes me very angry when i see people buying $2000 92' Supras and im up here in Shitville Mass. And cant even find a decent 87' turbo. :3d_frown:

BTW I bought it in DC! About as close to you as me!

Look on Craigs list and everywhere else. Like I said scored an 89 with a full bomex kit! for $500!

O just ordered the AEM UEGO wideband from Ideal's group buy!

Thanks tho,
Seth

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
TuRbOdReAmZ87;980366 said:

i bought my current 92 in boston for 3k ;)

looking good man!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Thanks guys,
Well like usual I can't control myself. I think I have a problem! I am already by parts for the big build and don't even have all my stuff for the rebuild!

Got my solid motor mounts this weekend and MT-90 for the trans!

The trans was already pretty smooth so it should be a dream!

Also going to have some of my parts for my manifolds CNC cut so it will slow the pace of my build for a bit with the overhead but no biggie I will push forward!

O and I will keep getting more pics as I am the type that loves to see progress pics and less talk so sorry for all the text....muhahahaha

Thanks,
Seth

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
sethron71;979035 said:
How does $200+shipping sound? The muffler is in very good condition, I will polish it up for you. The rest is not in the best shape, someone ran the car over a curb or somthing and pretty much dented everything under the car a bit! But I will get pics. I am thinking this went on the car when it was pretty knew and is just worn from time. Mainly just the muffler section is in good condition!

Thanks,
Seth

Willing just to sell the canister/ muffler? if so how much? thanks.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Seth: Valves and guides are a wear item and need to be measured on an individual basis.

"only 500rwhp" still requires a comprehensive careful build if it's going to last and be reliable ;)

:love: the Black

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
bluemkiii;985278 said:
Willing just to sell the canister/ muffler? if so how much? thanks.

How about $100 plus shipping? I can take pictures as you wish.

IJ.;985302 said:
Seth: Valves and guides are a wear item and need to be measured on an individual basis.

"only 500rwhp" still requires a comprehensive careful build if it's going to last and be reliable ;)

:love: the Black

Aw wise IJ, thank you for the imput, I will have them all spec'd out. 500rwhp reliably these days is cake right.....muhahahaha. If the engine in the blue one has run as long as it has when I built it when I was like 18 and did it all on my own and had never built a motor before I think my new knowledge will allow me to build it pretty reliable.

Like I mentioned it will be a slow rebuild to make sure the entire inside is good to rock and I don't ever have to go back into for my goals!

But as usual I will always enjoy your comments and learn everything I can!

Thanks,
Seth

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
sethron71;985412 said:
How about $100 plus shipping? I can take pictures as you wish.

If you can get some pics that would be awesome, pm me with shipping quote to phoenix az 85007, thanks.