SD2JZA70's build up

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Well I finally got to drive the car today. I just went up and down my street real quick but I think I like it. I rolled into boost in second gear ( 8 psi) and it just nuked the tires. I cant wait to turn it up to 30 +.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
LOL I just noticed the Celica parked on the street... that thing is great!
You should totally paint it orange and make it a General Lee replica ;)

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
supra90turbo said:
LOL I just noticed the Celica parked on the street... that thing is great!
You should totally paint it orange and make it a General Lee replica ;)
Yeah, I love that little thing. I will start of that as after I done with getting the supras ready for the IDRC race. Its gonna be my little street cruiser since i dont have to worry about smog. I have a built 18RG going into it that will be going turbo and getting custom manifolds. Im debating painting it black to match the sup or going with the old TRD racing paint scheme. Here is my friends 71 celica with the TRD paint.
p533938_1.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
oh christ yes. TRD paint scheme. Do it.

oh, and I got my Summit fittings in yesterday. They're very nice. The anodizing is very tough, but the "Summit" logo is laser-etched through the anodizing :(

However, at less than $5 per fitting, I could afford to get them re-anodized and still make out cheaper than elsewhere...
I think I'll just install them as-is and rotate each fitting so the logo is out of view... that's even cheaper ;)

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, Im leaning towards the TRD scheme myself and my friend wants me to do it too so it will match his car. Im probably going to run the summit fittings on the celica too. There is just too much of a price difference not to.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
SD2JZA70 said:
Yeah, I love that little thing. I will start of that as after I done with getting the supras ready for the IDRC race. Its gonna be my little street cruiser since i dont have to worry about smog. I have a built 18RG going into it that will be going turbo and getting custom manifolds. Im debating painting it black to match the sup or going with the old TRD racing paint scheme. Here is my friends 71 celica with the TRD paint.

wait, are there actually IDRC events down in cali? because the whole thing is going to hell for them up here in washington... 'a snowball of lies and deceit' is what they're calling it... heres a couple links as to whats going on...

http://kungfutouge.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=31&topic=453.0

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4721

right now, everyone believes the whole thing is complete bullshit... so maybe you could shed some light?

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
supraman2251 said:
wait, are there actually IDRC events down in cali? because the whole thing is going to hell for them up here in washington... 'a snowball of lies and deceit' is what they're calling it... heres a couple links as to whats going on...

http://kungfutouge.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=31&topic=453.0

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4721

right now, everyone believes the whole thing is complete bullshit... so maybe you could shed some light?
I see where the confusion is here. You are reffering to the IDCR witch is some drift series I never heard of before now. I am refering to the IDRC which is the import drag racing series. I did go to the IDRC event but was unable to bring my supra as I had shoulder surgery 2 days prior:cry:

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
ahhhhh okay. thanks hahaha a lot of people are very mad at those people right now and I'd hate for a beloved member of the supra community to be associated w/ them. hahah

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
You spend more money on it of course! Ive been having thoughts of selling lately due to lack of interest and Im losing the desire to have a car that is more race car than street car so I went ahead and dumped more money into it. Ive decided to at least keep it until Vegas after which it will likely be sold or parted out. Here are some pics of the new toys for it and the cage that I installed.
p644771_1.jpg

p644771_2.jpg

p644771_3.jpg

p644771_4.jpg

Im changing some things under the hood to tone it down. Recently one of my friends got his hood popped in his MK4 and sent to the ref so Im going to change the obvious things cops look for starting with the intake. I will be hiding the FPR as well.
p644771_5.jpg

Im getting rid of the HKS fuel rail and installing this custom one I made which will be anodized black as well as switching to a tial bov.
p644771_6.jpg

got a few of these going on the car as well :wink:
It should be going to the dyno fairly soon in hopes of breaking 700 rwhp.

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Well finally have an update. I threw the car together at the last minute to make it to the Vegas meet. I got it on the Dyno to have it tuned and While It made 622 rwhp @ 29 psi on the mustang dyno I do feel it was down on power. The next day as we were loading the car up on the trailer my friend notices that the HKS cam gear had slipped on the exhaust side and was fully retarded. Im thinking that this was the cause of the lower power output. Anyway at the track I made my first pass on 18 psi and it bogged bad so I waited forever for it to spool back up and ran a 14.3 @110 letting off at the 1000 ft marker as it was a shakedown pass and I was monitoring the wideband. My second pass I promptly snapped the driveshaft thus ending my weekend. I do plan on getting the car ready to race the IDRC event in november at fontana. I also ditched the Greddy bumper in favor of a genuine Turbo A bumper including a real Turbo A bumper support.
p786688_1.jpg

p786688_2.jpg

p786688_3.jpg

p786688_4.jpg

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
SD2JZA70 I saw your supra in vegas :) I feel bad I didnt find time to track you down and speak with you, but your supra was trully kick butt! I was really looking forward to seeing you go down the track :) on that second run!

I hope you decide to hold on to her for another year! maybe next year ill be able to take my supra up with out having something break on me lol...