REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
wow. its been a few days since I last checked on the progress. man talk about kicking ass, keep up the good work Reign_Maker.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Ric: that's the plan, make my own... Those ones from Vibrant might be baller, but Im not paying $50 a piece... :)

MK3: thank you sir...

Duane: piece of mind man... Even if I dont need it, I'd feel better knowing its there if I smash into something...

IJ: Dont have a bead roller around here... Actually, I dont think ANY of the local shops have bead rollers either, I called a few and none have them... So, whats the solution? We're gunna weld a bead around the ends... The good thing is, Im only using 4 couplers, so shouldnt be too bad...

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Jmoney: If I bring the car to Alabama, I have to make sue I can escape again, lol... Last tiem I went to Mobile, it took me 5 years to get away... hahaha... But seriously, I DEFINATELY wanna hit up the tunnel! I cant wait to hear this car scream though that thing...

its not that bad of place, im trying to get back there actually, lol. trust me, pine hill, al is worse than mobile, al. you'll have to come in and cruise with us...once i finally get the white car from FT. we even have a mkiv guy here that likes mkiii's too!

Bumper support not needed so take it out. That is my honest opinion.

Duane

i dunno man...i was in FT's grey car when it hit the drunk prego lady. it did its job very well and we hit doing 55ish. but then again, you can fit a much bigger front mount in there without one....come to think of it...your right! screw a support! lol

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Jmoney: I dunno, Chickasaw and Prichard are pretty bad... Mobile, I dunno, I did my time there, it was enough for me... lol...

Oh, and how big of a FMIC do you need? You can fit a 4" thick IC in there with out removing the support... ;) Just have to trim the hood latch support...
4osbmug.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Hah... I'd keep the bumper support - and yes, Jake, awesome job on that. Though I doubt it'll protect like stock, at least it's something ;)

*EDIT* You guys may not be aware of it, but the thickness of the IC matters little compared to frontal area.... :D

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Doward said:
*EDIT* You guys may not be aware of it, but the thickness of the IC matters little compared to frontal area.... :D

yeah i know, i just think it would be awesome to have an intercooler the size of a honda motor. :icon_mrgr but i do think the support was done very nicely and would like to/probably will do the same type of thing...unless im feeling lazy when i get to that point. lol

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Jmoney: do you NEED a 5 row? ;)

Doward: Its triangulated. its hard to tell in the pic, but its bacically been rewelded into a triangle shape instead of a box, and I think it should be as strong as stock, if not stronger with the metal doubled up... Also, the shape forces air up through more of the IC, which should help in the powah!!!! :)

Nate: *mumbles*fucker*mumbles* :D:D:D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
That's how I do my own IC pipes, too.

I don't lay a continuous bead all the way around, but 4 short approx 1/2" beads. I've been up to 16psi without even a hint of trouble yet.

Honestly, the 'boost braces' are really only good if you start BLOWING UP the silicone hoses, lol.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
IJ: ya gotta do what ya gotta do, ya know, use the resources available...

Doward: My last set up had the small beads, and they were poping off at 21psi... So, planning on doing a full circle...

Screamer: Im a baller like that... ;)

Justin: that was the plan... Thanks for the JDM yota filter yo! PM me...

Dub: Im trying... Thats the hopes, soon... Im so mad, because yesterday my hot water heater blew up, literally, the top seperated and was praying water everywhere, so now Im off to buy a new one... That's $500 I did NOT wanna spend on the house... Im so mad... Friggin murphy's law...

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Reign_Maker said:
IJ: ya gotta do what ya gotta do, ya know, use the resources available...

Doward: My last set up had the small beads, and they were poping off at 21psi... So, planning on doing a full circle...

Screamer: Im a baller like that... ;)

Justin: that was the plan... Thanks for the JDM yota filter yo! PM me...

Dub: Im trying... Thats the hopes, soon... Im so mad, because yesterday my hot water heater blew up, literally, the top seperated and was praying water everywhere, so now Im off to buy a new one... That's $500 I did NOT wanna spend on the house... Im so mad... Friggin murphy's law...
Hot water heaters are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated.
Use your engine for heat.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Get a spare heater VSV and actuator thingy that bolts onto the firewal, tee in a new hose from you supra, plumb it into your house, wire it up, plumb it, and viola! Hot water in the house again! ;)