Quote i got from machinist

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
loki2043 said:
okay im sticking with the damn 7m, i dont give a shit about this 2jz at this point and even if i did i would go 1j. keep that talk in the 1j/2j area or on SF in the mkiv

Ok man - good luck with your rebuild (no sarcasm)

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
loki2043 said:
okay im sticking with the damn 7m, i dont give a shit about this 2jz at this point and even if i did i would go 1j. keep that talk in the 1j/2j area or on SF in the mkiv
and on that note i tell you i think its a good price i paid $850 for about the same work but the guys i went to where V8 guys and had no experance with supras i would gladly pay the extra money for someone with the extra know how

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
p5150 said:
If you are really hungry why pay $25 for a 6 ounce gourmet steak that wont fill you up when you can buy the spaghetti for $20 that will fill you up?

You don't quit do you... Because I like the fucking steak. case closed.:nono:
I swear I'm talking to my nephew who has to argue just to hear his own voice.

p5150 said:
If he had a non-turbo and was rebuilding it would you complain if I was suggesting that he buy a JDM or domestic 7MGTE and put it in instead of rebuilding his NA? Probably not.

What he does with what he has is HIS CHOICE.
He asked about his 7M, Your opinion on the 2JZ is completely irrelevant and no-one cares.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Did we answer it? If not, then yes, IMHO it's a good price - I'd just verify he's boring/honing the block with a torque plate!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I have a fresh 7m block and a fresh 2jz block sitting right next to each other and they never argue or fight or call each other names. They look kind of happy together as a matter of fact.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
he is honing it. im going to be using the same pistons since he said they were good. hes also coating them.. with what i dont know. i trust him though