Project "so I have this widebody..."

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
gitplayer;1649720 said:
Hello from Germany!

Your widebody looks a lot like those built by a german tuning company called b+m. A lot of modification on the front though.

You can see how the original b+m 1 kit looked like here:

Thought this might be interesting to you.

Hallo! Mein Supra sieht genau so, Vielen herzlichen Dank für den Austausch.
(Hello! My Supra looks exactly like that, thank you so much for sharing.)

I've been trying to find the source of this body kit since I bought the car. And now I know! Wow...very interesting indeed! So epic that I had to share it on Facebook, too...Even stranger that I know a bit of German myself. And it's got...oh man, that article even mentions tire/rim fitment for the kit. :love:

(Ich habe versucht, die Quelle dieses Bodykit finden, da ich das Auto gekauft. Und jetzt weiß ich! Wow ... sehr interessant! So episch, ich hätte es auf Facebook teilen. Noch seltsamer, dass ich ein bisschen Deutsch mich wissen. Und dieses Artikels erwähnt sogar Reifen / Felgen für den Kit!) :love:

lol! is that the governator dring supra? FTW
Yes. Yes it is. FTMFW, I should go pay a visit to Sacremento, hit up the Governator and Recycle Road at the same time. Who knows, maybe he'll pull a 2JZ for me with his bare hands. :rofl:

Time to sit down and translate this...

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Got the first page translated. Bulk of it is done by Google, refined and edited by myself.

rr119001.jpg

Edit: The headline reads "Schwarzenegger sends his regards"
Re-edit: Second page, with liner notes!

rr119002mod.jpg

Last edited:

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
rodama5anthony;1649834 said:
lol! is that the governator dring supra? FTW

Yes he is. :D

Bleakvoid;1649868 said:
Hallo! Mein Supra sieht genau so, Vielen herzlichen Dank für den Austausch.
(Hello! My Supra looks exactly like that, thank you so much for sharing.)

I've been trying to find the source of this body kit since I bought the car. And now I know! Wow...very interesting indeed! So epic that I had to share it on Facebook, too...Even stranger that I know a bit of German myself. And it's got...oh man, that article even mentions tire/rim fitment for the kit. :love:

(Ich habe versucht, die Quelle dieses Bodykit finden, da ich das Auto gekauft. Und jetzt weiß ich! Wow ... sehr interessant! So episch, ich hätte es auf Facebook teilen. Noch seltsamer, dass ich ein bisschen Deutsch mich wissen. Und dieses Artikels erwähnt sogar Reifen / Felgen für den Kit!) :love:

Yes. Yes it is. FTMFW, I should go pay a visit to Sacremento, hit up the Governator and Recycle Road at the same time. Who knows, maybe he'll pull a 2JZ for me with his bare hands. :rofl:

Time to sit down and translate this...

No problem. I thought I'll let you know because these widebody kits are pretty rare even here in Germany. It's definitely worth rebuilding the car.

There was another company which used the same kit, Wektor. You can see this one here:

tuning0191-01.jpg

tuning0191-02.jpg

As you can see this one even had NOS. :D

Apart from those companys there were 2 other companies which offered wide body kits in Germany:

Samurai Tuning:

rr0190-01.jpg

rr0190-02.jpg

And

Kurhofer:

http://www.supra-garage.de/kurhofer.htm

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
ha ha, those cars are funny. Big ass high end looking (for the times) widebodies, and then there's the gay little 7M in stock form.

Its like saying "look at how big, mean, aggressive, and underpowered I am. Please dont race me Honda Civic I couldnt stand the embarassment of losing"

gitplayer

Apr 29, 2009
Adelsheim
Grimsta;1650842 said:
ha ha, those cars are funny. Big ass high end looking (for the times) widebodies, and then there's the gay little 7M in stock form.

Its like saying "look at how big, mean, aggressive, and underpowered I am. Please dont race me Honda Civic I couldnt stand the embarassment of losing"

The 7M wasn't stock in any of those cars. The BM1 produced 302 PS, the Wektor Competition even hab 470 PS with NOS.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So, after careful consideration...I think I'll be making some vector art for a few decals. One is going to be the "wild style" supra emblem, going across the top of the back window. I forget who did it, but someone on here made a SM turbo snail that looked fantastic...I want that, too, likely on the drivers side rear window.

But, more importantly, clutch system is back to normal. Just gotta wait for the rain to let up so I can bleed it. This car seems to only want to injure me when I'm taking it apart, lol...reinstalling everything went way smoother than taking it out.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah the rain... sucks!

So when are you coming out! You should come out for our 3 year Anniversary show. This one's gonna be big

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Grimsta;1651199 said:
Yeah the rain... sucks!

So when are you coming out! You should come out for our 3 year Anniversary show. This one's gonna be big

I know that way too well...managed to contract a really bad flu, probably from working in the cold and rain. I'll make it out probably sometime after new year's. When's the show?

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
91T breezen';1652149 said:

Not quite. The fronts would fit pretty well, but I would need shorter barrels and wider, probably custom-machined, lips on the rears, to get them to poke even farther. So far, the measurements I've been able to figure out are 17x9.5 et0, 17x11 et-63 with 265/40 and 295/35 tires. And that's keeping the 2" spacer there, which I'd really rather not do for reliability reasons. The BM1 Supra ran 17x13 rears on the same kit, 335/35 tires...with the way the fitment looks in the articles, that'd leave those rims with a -75 to -80 offset. Keep in mind, if I lose the spacer back there, I have to make up nearly 7.5" with rim and tire.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
When's the show?

Feb 6th. I'll post it up in the NorCal region section on here that NO ONE ever checks. Also post it up in my vendor section

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Woo, finally got around to pulling the door apart and fishing through the wiring for the door solenoid! No more cracked windows and breaking in for me...pics!

So, here's a better shot of just how well the solenoid tucks into the channel on the interior panel:
4365d468-21c2-6726.jpg

...hmm. I'll have to YouTube the video and ninja edit this. Tapatalk doesn't let you upload directly from the app :-/

Aaaaand...tada!
Teh videoz

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
/\/\ Dont buy from this guy. He will rip you a new one like no other. He's on the banned list although he's changed his name.
This muther f@(*# has taken local people for THOUSANDS of dollars- dont listen to him

No i'm just kidding, Cory is hella cool. We're building his car right now, LMAO!!!

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
LOL (I really did). I PMed him the other day about some of that interior...still waiting to hear about those top hatch and rear trunk pieces :D