Project 'Coyote Ugly'

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Tanya the MK2 is coming along great!!!! Your making me miss my college MK2 something bad with all the pictures........:cry:. Stupid college girlfriend/future wife made me sell it for a new bigger piece of shit Monte Carlo at the time. Thats it im going to go down stairs and kick her ass to the curb right now for making me sell that car.... Dont try and stop me!!! But then I guess Sydney would miss her Mom Hu??? Damn It!!! Ok Lanette can stay but Im still gona hate her....:icon_bigg

As you can tell 10 years later and im still dealing with the loss of my MK2......lol:biglaugh:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
da89soup said:
As you can tell 10 years later and im still dealing with the loss of my MK2......lol:biglaugh:

You can ALWAYS get another. Coyote Ugly is number 8 for me, interestingly my "favorite" number. And she was FREE.

Get a mk2 now before they go extinct!!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Im trying Tanya. I will be joining you in the minority of mk2 owners here just as soon as I sell Lucy. I have a couple I got my eye on too.

BUT...then today I spy a 72 Celi and pop a semi. So now Im looking at both projects. Depends what the Celi ends up costing me but I might be making that my DD :D

So yeah, PCU is looking great! you've done well with just simple cleanup and adjustments. It kind of makes you wonder why people can just let em fall to that state. I mean it not expensive stuff. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Yayayay.

Car is 'road legal'.

She passed emissions today, and has new plates and tabs :)

Yes, all this shit got washed off, lol.
p652683_1.jpg

Should be getting my replacement W58 sometime this week and that'll be swapped out. Then I should have a working speedo and a non-sloppy shifter. YAYAYYAY!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Tanya, if you need any parts let me know, and I'lll see what I have on a 1983 that I've got sitting our in a pasture near me. It was my old car, but I sold it to a friend of mine. He blew it up and it's been sitting out there for about five years now. I don't think he would mind if I took something off of it. Just let me know if you need something and I will see if I can get it.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
What color is it?

I really need a lot of stuff, just don't have the money for it now, heh. car killed my financed today -sigh-

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Car is looking good, Tanya! And I agree with pete...I don't understand how people can just totally let their car go to crap, when the parts is needs aren't major or expensive, and a simple wash every now and again would make it look waayyy better...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
This car has ran since I got her on May 10th, just hasn't been legal til now.

And I don't even know where you are man!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Tanya it was black at one time, but now it's faded black. Let me know what you need and I will go talk to the new owner. All he can say is no, and I have a way with words that would amaze you...................:biglaugh:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
suprahero said:
Tanya it was black at one time, but now it's faded black. Let me know what you need and I will go talk to the new owner. All he can say is no, and I have a way with words that would amaze you...................:biglaugh:

Ohh! he may have the missing interior piece I need!

I need a black striped door panel (which came only in 82 and 83), I believe it's driver's side but will need to check. I have a complete black striped interior, but missing that one damn piece.

can you please find out if either door panel is good?

JustA, EVERY comment from you to me is vaguely sexual :biglaugh:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Just so you know...

the new Die Hard movie will have a light blue 84 mk2 in it just like mine,so go see it. KTHX!

p653106_1.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I'm at work going through your thread. Our ITS dept has blocked all links from websites like Photobucket etc... so I can't see the pictures till I get home tomorrow. But let me get this straight. You bought a gay blue MKII for parts but ended up keeping it and selling the other one?

If my car doens't work out I'm seriously considering finding an MKII to put my 7MGTE into.

Last edited:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
gtsfirefighter said:
But let me get this straight. You bought a gay blue MKII for parts but ended up keeping it and selling the other one? Sounds familiar.

No. You are incorrect sir.

My white 1983's engine blew up back in November....... the guys over here in the PacNW started trying to figure out a way to get me an engine... and a buddy was given this car (Coyote Ugly).

The whole plan was they were going to remove Coyotes engine and send it to me while I was in New York, but it was absurdly too expensive to do so. And the way my life was going at that point, I just said 'fuck it all' and moved out here to Washington.

I was forced to sell my white Supra (and got ripped the fuck off in the process) as I could not afford to have her sent ($700+) out this way.

So yeah... I got out here, and Coyote Ugly was given to me... and I've since been trying to fix her up.

Today I was given her replacement W58, so that will be in soon! :D

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Tanya said:
No. You are incorrect sir.

My white 1983's engine blew up back in November....... the guys over here in the PacNW started trying to figure out a way to get me an engine... and a buddy was given this car (Coyote Ugly).

The whole plan was they were going to remove Coyotes engine and send it to me while I was in New York, but it was absurdly too expensive to do so. And the way my life was going at that point, I just said 'fuck it all' and moved out here to Washington.

I was forced to sell my white Supra (and got ripped the fuck off in the process) as I could not afford to have her sent ($700+) out this way.

So yeah... I got out here, and Coyote Ugly was given to me... and I've since been trying to fix her up.

Today I was given her replacement W58, so that will be in soon! :D

Gotcha. That's what I get for skipping through. It's just not the same without pictures. I'll read through it tomorrow more thoroughly when I'm at home.

Edit. I'm home now and have seen the pictures. Makes me really want an MKII now. It's amazing how just a little TLC will help a car. Keep up the good work. I kinda dig that early
70's Cadillac too.

Last edited:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
gtsfirefighter said:
Edit. I'm home now and have seen the pictures. Makes me really want an MKII now. It's amazing how just a little TLC will help a car. Keep up the good work. I kinda dig that early
70's Cadillac too.

the Caddy belongs to Chimp, it has a 472 in it :evil2:

So yesterday I went on an early morning cruise and took an 'impromptu' shoot, got 2 decent pics in before my batteries died...

p660749_1.jpg

p660749_2.jpg

Later on, I found a box on my front porch which contained my original clear turn signals, which were made for me a few years ago. I had them on my black 1985...
p660749_3.jpg

...but when the car got scrapped, and the only car I had was my 1983... I sold them. (1983 does not have the wrap around turns)

So I am quite happy to get these back, a little piece of my mk2 history...

p660749_4.jpg