Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got a bunch accomplished tonight. The crash support bar is back in, the heater bypass is in (I heat shrinked the copper pipe to make it blend in better), the stock ECU hole got some split loom put on to protect the few remaining wires going through it, the wheels got taken back off and the Supra is back on jackstands, and I trimmed my flushmount box lense supports since they were too wide. I still have to clean up my trimming tomorrow and flatten the lense supports with a hammer and dolly. I also picked up a 4'x5' sheet of 20 guage steel so I can do some simple fabrication of mounting brackets and light covers (I decided that I didn't like the quality of the one I built for the drivers side, plus it's too heavy for what it is). Oh, and I found my missing blow torch, it apparrently rolled under the Supra and I didn't think to look there until I went to jack it up.

2a91ct0.jpg

aw9kqc.jpg

ztderr.jpg

2cs7vnn.jpg

345eoma.jpg

334qmgy.jpg

i4mt06.jpg

2cyinis.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just bought a pile of parts for the Supra, including gear oil and Ford friction modifier for the diff, new hood struts, and 10 spark plugs (I want 2 spare sets just in case for when I get tuned, and only 1 part store out of 5 even had them). I also ordered my fuel rail from Big Daddy Performance earlier today too since my friend backed out of our deal. I'm going to have to sand away the anodizing on the fuel rail though since they only had it in red.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL Nate. My split loom is black, and I'll post pics later. As for the bypass tube, it works perfectly and you will never see it again unless you take off the dash. When I eventually pull my motor I'm going to eliminate the coolant tubes that allow coolant to flow to the heater, and the holes in the firewall will be welded up.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking so clean man very nice, I especially appreciate the amount of work the underdash are has taken you.

I was gonna say why not make that heater bypass out of hard pipe. Would really clean it up even more and keep it out of your way for good.

But if your gonna eliminate it entire and weld the holes shut then nevermind, your 2 steps ahead of me there.

Again, it's almost a shame that no-one will ever see your underdash area!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Gord. There's so many things that have been done that will never be seen unless you really look for them or do some serious disassembly, like the heater bypass or the flushmount mounting system.

Ninja edit: I just realized I have enough room behind the engine and head that I can bypass the heater behind the motor in front of the firewall instead of in the cab. When I get done with the bypass you won't even be able to see what I did unless you are looking very closely at the back of the engine on the turbo side.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got my EBC brake pads today. I also got word my fuel rail will be here Thursday thanks to Big Daddy Performance, big props to Vijay for making sure I get my rail in a timely manner (unlike MVP Motorsports). I also got word that my bushings will be here next Monday. The parts are piling up pretty quick, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to put a decent sized dent in the to do list and clean up my garage in the process. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get my intake manifold back on :)

2zj95dk.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Some actual progress today :) I bought a hammer and dolly set so I could clean up the flushmount boxes. I made new mounting brackets out of sheet metal that's a tad thicker than what was used to construct the boxes from. The flushmounts are almost ready to be sent to paint, I just need to drill the holes for the lights and then they'll go to paint. The heater bypass was redone so that it now goes behind the motor and doesn't even touch the firewall. The grommet where the heater return line came through was trimmed and sealed shut with a piece of rubber and some RTV (currently curing). I also replaced the rear brake pads with a new set of EBC Redstuff pads, as well as replacing my worn out hood struts (the difference is night and day).

2edcg9t.jpg

fvaft3.jpg

2wqefis.jpg

a3gso1.jpg

4r2uys.jpg

xcvtlh.jpg

1he8ef.jpg

rtq81s.jpg

2efmj9u.jpg

2h6hoio.jpg

14o0vw9.jpg

dbjza8.jpg

jhr3wp.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks HSD. Once the flushmounts are done and off to paint along with the covers for them to hide the lights, I need to put back together the drivers side of the motor together and wire in the 1zz coils.

Today I grabbed Trevor (northwestsupra) and we got my inline fuel pump installed so I have 2 pumps now. We discovered that the feed line fittings coming from the fuel pump is pretty much welded together, so we had to cut the metal tube itself and use some fuel hose to fill the gap. To wire it in we used a 30 amp relay. While the gas tank was out I also drilled new holes for the battery box so that it's using the propper holes again. I also got my new Big Daddy Performance fuel rail, the thing looks amazing and matches my Aeromotive FPR perfectly :) Vijay makes a very nice product and I am very happy with it.

sfwcpj.jpg

e6d7qx.jpg

23wnwgy.jpg

zmm4rb.jpg

zsmh6t.jpg

2z7eb20.jpg

21l0c42.jpg

34f07so.jpg

rmu437.jpg