Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I got my new Walbro fuel pump and oil pressure sender and catch can the other day and installed the oil pressure sender. The fuse box is mounted with the 2 relays zip tied to it, the radiator temp sender is zip tied in place until I can get a new aftermarket aluminum radiator, and I extended the harness for a big connector (6 wires actually) and mounted it up inside the fender well next to another loom of wires. I also ran it's counter part on the back side of the fender and through the pre-existing hole that's there. I'm not worried about rubbing, that wire loom already has split loom wrapped around it to take care of that issue. Lastly, I removed my Greddy SCD since I don't need that anymore and am putting it up for sale. Yes, I will be putting the fender well back in, although not the cover that goes under the fog light. If anybody sees this as a problem, please let me know.

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
In for the bling :love: :bling: nice job relocating the wire harness you going to have one of the cleanest bays Adam, happy to see some good progress for you :icon_bigg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
SURUKO;1447465 said:
In for the bling :love: :bling: nice job relocating the wire harness you going to have one of the cleanest bays Adam, happy to see some good progress for you :icon_bigg

Thanks. I'm really happy with my manifold and throttle body. They were an eye sore before and now they shine oh so well :D Clean is my goal. Trust me, I still have a lot more work to do though.

kwnate;1447490 said:
Pic's of fitment? You can pm me if your uncomfortable posting it on the open forum.

LOL, umm, no. I seem to remember something involving 4chan which sways me away from saying yes.

mattsplat72;1447682 said:
Dude can you get better pic's of the Fuse box relocation. Maybe a broader shot? Having a hard time visualizing the whole thing

Sure thing, I'll post pics shortly.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I forgot to say that I pulled my 1 piece aluminum driveshaft last night so I could sell it. While unbolting it I happened to bump 1 of the lower bolts that holds on my differential and discovered it was loosened by 1/4", eep! So that bolt got tightened and the others were double checked, luckily it was just the 1 bolt. Anyways, here's my 1 piece aluminum DS that's now for sale.

Edit: Flateric did some killer research and I'm keeping my DS.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
It's been a few weeks and I haven't really done anything. I finally got the driveshaft put back in with loctite on the bolts, and I also replaced my CPS connectors thanks to Mattsplat72. I also bought a wiring multi-tool that removes the insulation (been meaning to get that for a while). Tomorrow I'll wire in my injector connectors. As for my fuel rail, that won't be ready to ship for another 2-4 weeks since the company had to switch machinists.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
honestabe;1447722 said:
I forgot to say that I pulled my 1 piece aluminum driveshaft last night so I could sell it. While unbolting it I happened to bump 1 of the lower bolts that holds on my differential and discovered it was loosened by 1/4", eep! So that bolt got tightened and the others were double checked, luckily it was just the 1 bolt. Anyways, here's my 1 piece aluminum DS that's now for sale.

Edit: Flateric did some killer research and I'm keeping my DS.

Which bolts? They have different tq specs on all but they have a torque spec on them, as you are probably aware.

Duane

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Reloom it? As in rewire the whole thing? Not right now. I'll do that when I pull the motor for paint in a year or two. As far as I know the CPS connectors worked good for me. I won't know until I fire the car up. I did notice the insulation was cracking at the base on both connectors, so I just put on a layer of heat shrink to protect them.