Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Luis. I had a fabricator come out this morning and give me an estimate for my flushmounts. Looks like another $200 to have the boxes made up. I think I'll try my hand at making the boxes themselves since it's only 90 degree bends and the one complex edge is something I can cut with my angle grinder and cutoff wheel. If I fail, I'll just hire my fabricator. I also picked up some Simple Green to clean up the engine bay.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I forgot to post pics up yesterday, but I did some cleaning up of the fenders with Simple Green. I also put all the wires for the fuse block and the 2 relays into the fender well. The battery tray got cut out and the front of the drivers side fender got cleaned up. Looks like I have a little rust to deal with since all the paint is chipped away on the frame rail. I accidently cut a little too deep when cutting off the battery tray, so I filled in the cuts with JB Weld. None of that will be visable once I make a cover for it all (tomorrow if I feel like it). I am waiting to see if I won a Pelican case on Ebay since that is what the fuse box and the 2 resistors will be going into, making them fully protected from the elements. I also trimmed off a 1" square tab from the PS reservoir since it was no longer needed as well as repairing and wrapping the wires for my radiator temp sensor.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Small update, I recieved my Bosch 750cc injectors with new clips and my catch can today from Driftmotion. Hopefully my fuel rail will be here soon (it was on back order when I ordered it). The injectors are used, but they have new o-rings and have all been cleaned and flow tested and flow 758-762cc's.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just picked up my traction arms. I had them reinforced to reduce my wheel hop. I still need to get poly bushings for them before I put them in my Supra. I also just found out that I need a 2nd fuel pump to support my HP goals. Ah how quickly the money goes to everybody else when I want more power. Pics up later when Imageshack is up and working again.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Do you have poly subframe bushings? I hear they work wonders for getting rid of wheel hop. I have LIPP traction arms, new coil over and poly in all the control arms and I still get it a bit.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just ordered a new oil pressure sender (since my oil pressure gauge doesn't work and I think this might be the reason) and a Walbro 255 LPH high pressure inline fuel pump since Aaron at Driftmotion warned me that I'd be playing with fire if I didn't get a 2nd fuel pump.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^someone weld a table to it? ;)

http://www.maperformance.com/bosch-motorsports-044-universal-fuel-pump-0-580-254-044.html

I'm talking about the big daddy that makes your coffee grinder nothing compared to this blender.

BE_042.gif

Ground the sender wire, and it should climb north.