Project Clean 87

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
you said you went with a fog light type setup, would there have been a better approach? or is it best bang for the buck??

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
On my old setup I used what were basically fog lights. Those sucked horribly for lighting. The better approach is what I got, which are 55w H7 projectors. If you are a baller, you can get the HID version of my lights, but those are $450 each last I checked. The best bang for your buck is the lights I am using for my current project.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the drivers side high beam mounted today. Just have to wire it in and put a cover over it, and aim the lights and the drivers side lights will be done.

0807231hw2.jpg

0807232xv4.jpg

0807233ux5.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the high beams mounted. I'll worry about aiming them and wiring them up and making a cover for them after I finish painting the car. As soon as I finished mounting the lights I pulled off the front bumper and nose cone and started sanding. I got those two parts almost fully ready for a coat of filler primer. I then got the front left fender and drivers door sanded and ready for primer. I'll continue sanding tomorrow. I hope to have the car ready to be sprayed with filler primer by the end of tomorrow night.

0807241vp3.jpg

0807242wo8.jpg

0807243yk8.jpg

Adam

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
nice adam, looking alot better then when we started.

my cell some how got shut off or att is having problems. i hope to get it fixed soon.

nothing about that front bumper looks fun to take off

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The front bumper is easy to take off and only took me 5 minutes, especially since I have done it before and knew exactly where all the nuts and bolts were to take it off. The upper nose cone on the other hand sucked since I had to take the light housings out on both sides and remove the lights on the passenger side to get at the 4 nuts in front of the light housings.

When I called your phone yesterday the message said "the subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please try your call again later." Odd

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well, I took the Supra over to Vancouver for the day and did a lot of prep work on the body with the help of a retired body man. I had to take the body down to bare metal where there dents and then filled them in with a little bondo. Tomorrow I'll get the primer layed down.

0807251xp0.jpg

0807252ko2.jpg

0807253oi1.jpg

0807254vk6.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ok, we didn't get quite the work done as we thought, but we are very close. The body just needs a quick sand to remove any primer overspray, then the body is getting masked, and the the front bumper pieces need a little work and they will be ready for primer as well. The whole car should have 2 coats of primer on it by the end of tomorrow night. I found a flexable bondo that adheres to plastic and fiberglass really well, so that is going all around the duct on the front bumper so it won't crack again. If it does, I'm getting an aftermarket bumper for the next peint job. Anybody know a painter that will hook me up since I will have most of the prep work already done?

p7260001zj7.jpg

p7260002un5.jpg

p7260003sd0.jpg

p7260004uc5.jpg

p7260005kd6.jpg

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
OMG!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! HE'S FINALY PAINTING HIS CAR!!!... just pulling your chain bro, but looks like your going great on your build, now since youll have the out side basicly done, then do you want to start working on the under side of that primered hood??

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Eric, the only primer on the car in the pics above is in select spots where there was a dent or a spot of rust (about the size of a pea right next to my door handle). It's actually just the color of the raw paint without the clear on it. It takes a lot of sanding to get that clear off using 220 sand paper. Speaking of which, I'm exhausted.

Well, due to the weather being unknown until it was too late the car didn't get primered, but the fenders, hood, bumper, upper nose, and mud flaps (all of which were taken of the car) did get primered. The rest of the Supra still needed some sanding to do, and the masking took forever. Thanks to a flexible bondo that adheres really well to fiberglass and plastic, the duct in the bumper is looking really nice, almost as if it came from the factory that way. The whole body is masked and the front end is bare. Looks like I'll have to get a new drivers side fender for the next paint job since I bent the inner tab pretty good, but for now I will live with it and paint it. It's only noticable when you lift the hood up and look at the edge where the fender bolts down. I forgot my camera, as well as taking a picture of my masked body, so you guys and gals will have to live with my crappy cell phone pics.

0807271nd3.jpg

0807272ot8.jpg

0807273qc6.jpg