Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
I have to say your car is going to look bad ass. I was at Randys shop last night to take a look and shoot the shit. Wheels are amazing on the car and I cant wait to see it done. Seeing your car has motivated me to get started on fixing my car again.

Jeremy:bigthumb:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Turbo Drifter said:
I have to say your car is going to look bad ass. I was at Randys shop last night to take a look and shoot the shit. Wheels are amazing on the car and I cant wait to see it done. Seeing your car has motivated me to get started on fixing my car again. Jeremy:bigthumb:
Thanks! The year it's taken to get the parts and money together for this have been hard, and now the 2-3 month wait is killing me too. You can't give up on your car, btw, you've come way to far! Fix'er up!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
SupraOfDoom said:
So whats the ETA? Sooner then mine probably :'(
Probably around the end of March. Btw, I've been playing with photoshop, and this is how the widened rear might look with the kaminari bumper and a dual tipped Borla exhaust:
Borla-tips-dual-large-oval1.jpg

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
That looks just super... why couldn't toyo make the rear a liiiiitle wider, It'd be sooo badass (wider than the front etcetc). Btw I seem to like the bigass muffler more in the previous posts :)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Phat rubber arrived along with custom seats by Leatherseats.com: graphite grey with cranberry suede leather inserts and "Supra" embroidered headrests. Dot 5 racing brake fluid shown also. Due to sizing issues with the Falkens, I went with BF Goodrich top of the line model KD's, 245/40/18 fronts and 295/35/18 rears.
tires1.jpg

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
tekdeus said:
Phat rubber arrived along with custom seats by Leatherseats.com: graphite grey with cranberry suede leather inserts and "Supra" embroidered headrests. Dot 5 racing brake fluid shown also. Due to sizing issues with the Falkens, I went with BF Goodrich top of the line model KD's, 245/40/18 fronts and 295/35/18 rears.
tires1.jpg
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Dot 5?
Insane.
I can't wait to see this all put together,
it's going to be b-e-a-utiful.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
tekdeus said:

Nice Brad but why the little rubber? I assume you can put much wider tires on it? Once I paint mine, the tires will be around 295 ish as well. Ron already has 285 on the rear with a stock bodied Supra.

Duane

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
you can fit that no problem- i have 295s on the rear of mine(stock bodied). The 295s should fit well though, and should fill the well pretty well depending on the offset of the wheels.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
You know that you'll have to bleed the Dot 5 more right??? Do a search on types of brake fluid and make sure that you picked Dot 5 for function, not price :)
-Dave

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
The tires will fit the rims very well. The rear tires will be totally flush with the lip of the rim, and the fronts will stretch maybe 1/4" inward. Anything bigger would have created a bulge in the rear (more american looking and less JDM tyte) and the fronts even at 245 are really going to shorten the turning radius, due to the extreme offset of the wheels.
thedave925 said:
You know that you'll have to bleed the Dot 5 more right??? Do a search on types of brake fluid and make sure that you picked Dot 5 for function, not price :)
-Dave
We will flush out the system with the Dot 5.1 so it is not mixed. I decided to try Dot 5.1 since it has a much higher boiling point, and I've heard that it can help reduce brake fade on the stock system.

Last edited: