Greddy SP

Greddy%20SP.jpg

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Does anyone know if they ever made the Tanabe G medallion exhaust system for the MK3? I know they made them for the MKIV's but can not find them for the MK3's. They had to be the best looking and sounding as well as performance exhaust I have ever owned!!!! They look just like the one in the picture above on my old car.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Custom made 4" exhaust, downpipe back with a 4" dynomax race bullet muffler (does absolutley no muffling whatsoever)

sorry for the crappy pics, car was back at the door to the garage and i didnt feel like pissing my neighbors by opening it at midnight

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Bluechulappa said:
What exhaust should I get? I want something more on the quiet side but great performance wise. Suggestions...

I'm leaning towards Tanabe or Greddy SP

hks turbo exhaust is quiet and stock looking

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
RSR-GTII On my 87 NA. (Kept the silencer in to mock the 2.5 exhaust size)

I've got pictures on my digital camera but for some reason my compy won't let me upload anything from it. So all I've got are these videos taken by my friends camera.

Video 1: Stock jahnk.

Video 2: Stock jahnk from the rear.

You can't really tell from the videos but the stock system was totally destroyed. Two of the hangers broke so it would bang up against every speed bump, pot hole, sewer cover, rock and animal. The result: A VERY screwed up system that totally sucked power from my car. The way it sounds (cause you can't really hear it) is very breathy, like 900 degree air shooting out from about 500 different places in the mufflers, pipes, and brackets.

Video 3: Just the down pipe (or whatever you call it for the NA). And yes that is the Cat in the bottom corner. When I pulled the system off, pieces of the charcoal were in it, so I pulled off the cat. You can see all the decayed charcoal that fell out of it in the video.

Video 4: RSR installed. No silencer.

Video 5: RSR w/ Silencer.

It hangs pretty ridiculously low but not as low as my stocker did, and so far (after having it installed a week) I've only slightly scraped it once, coming out of one of those ridiculously steep driveways. But it's very light, and the power gains are SUPER obvious. At least, compared to the "Holy" exhaust I used to have. But the silencer has a very VERY small gap between it and the muffler, causing it to rattle. Is there any kind of gasket or damper I can put it there? It sounds totally Ricey...

And yes the springs were a pain in the butt to get on.

And what the heck does FTW mean???

Last edited: