post pictures of your exhaust!!!!!!!!!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Boost Lee said:
I honestly can't remember if I posted in this or not, so here is mine.

Simple enough. :)

-Jeff

...Let's see that again...;)

(That's right... I'm partial to the blues...:biglaugh: )

Sweetly clean... really liking the wingless look... very "neat".

-crisp

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
crisp said:
...Let's see that again...;)

(That's right... I'm partial to the blues...:biglaugh: )

Sweetly clean... really liking the wingless look... very "neat".

-crisp

Thanks. :) I also have a soft spot for wingless A70's now. It definately grew on me. Now would you come to believe my car is a Pre89 Turbo instead of an 89+ NA? :naughty:

Apostle said:
^^^ thats beautiful, I also like the wingless look, very clean. Awesome choice of rims too.

I usually am a sucker for clean 5 spokes with a nice lip, but I decided to switch it up with this car and go with some honeycomb/meshie wheels, and I think it fits it well.

____

Electric cutouts...Are one of the greatest things to have...especially if you're needing to jump from daily driver to 1320ft. track car with the flip of a switch.

-Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Pipe that typically replaces the catalytic converter.
It looks like a testpipe (cat delete), but has a pipe that exits off to the side about 4-6 inches long, and basically is controlled by a switch so that when it flip it, the "second" pipe opens, and you're now letting your turbo breath a little better. :)

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Boost Lee said:
Electric cutouts...Are one of the greatest things to have...especially if you're needing to jump from daily driver to 1320ft. track car with the flip of a switch.

As long as you are using it as you just described, I can dig it. Most people I hear about, however, have something stock or stock-ish when the electric cutout is closed, and then they open it whenever they want to drive aggressively. It seems idiotic to me to switch on the street from weak and pathetic to loud and illegal. Maybe people aren't aware that through a stock exhaust system, even if you have a 60-1, you're probably not going to break 300 rwhp, and the top end of the power band is no fun at all -- and then when they open it to have power, it's so obnoxiously loud that you can literally hear it from a mile away. I'd rather have a reasonable-volume exhaust which I can enjoy all the time without having to look over my shoulder.

-Ray

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Boost Lee copies my former exhaust and color:

p771326_1.jpg

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
SupraBlur said:
As long as you are using it as you just described, I can dig it. Most people I hear about, however, have something stock or stock-ish when the electric cutout is closed, and then they open it whenever they want to drive aggressively. It seems idiotic to me to switch on the street from weak and pathetic to loud and illegal. Maybe people aren't aware that through a stock exhaust system, even if you have a 60-1, you're probably not going to break 300 rwhp, and the top end of the power band is no fun at all -- and then when they open it to have power, it's so obnoxiously loud that you can literally hear it from a mile away. I'd rather have a reasonable-volume exhaust which I can enjoy all the time without having to look over my shoulder.

-Ray

YES!

And for this reason... I run the HKS Drager with what I consider to be GREAT results!

Stealth AND Performance!

(With NO obnoxious tendencies... er... unless the wheels are squelching and the intake is honking and the turbo is howling so loud that the exhaust is DROWNED OUT in the FIRST place!:naughty: )

...but then again... that's how it is on the INSIDE... but my friends tell me it sounds pretty intense from the outside at a greater distance.:biglaugh:

Well said, Ray.

-crisp

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
BTW, I finally have a recording of what this sounds like with a 7M-GTE, stock CT26, BIC rerouted downpipe, and stock main cat:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hoIude6L5_k

Yes, I know that it's a little smokey, it was a cold start and it's the original '92 CT26 with ~100k miles on it. Those of you who know my project know I won't be keeping this engine/turbo configuration for very much longer.

-Ray

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
theres some nice looking exhausteses in this thread. looks like pretty much everyone bought a kit of some sort; either bolt on or weld-together.

i only counted a handful who bought raw materials made theirs from scratch. Major Kudos to you hard core Fabbers!

here are some pics of mine. apparantly its one of a kind since i havent ever seen it, not in real life or online. ive only seen and heard of "half" of what ive accomplished.

its an Original Version 2 Defcon Downpipe into a combination of Mandrel bent and sectioned tubing. from the mid pipe, it enters a Dr. Gas Y-pipe (the inventor of the X-pipe). it exits the Y-pipe into a pair of 3" side exits, 90*. they exit before the rear wheels and extend to the flares. The tips are Resonated, double wall Stainless, 4"x3" with a rolled edge. i had to cut them down to fit the pipes so they wouldnt stick out too far.

l_a74629bda98cb64f8cfb540706db91e6.jpg

l_1b283c4a60b9eec12f504fdfecabb4a9.jpg

l_0ccf62b62e9d251d539de5ea370818de.jpg

l_5b140199870dfcc3417125a40fb3ae4d.jpg

l_515168e24c4e3e209f7945715ad13bd5.jpg

and the business side of things;
l_67f24e3a5bc08ac2e2e06caa13568ee3.jpg

l_87e429aaeb850b8dd3971d6d9e2c018f.jpg

l_0fa4c7e4658c63af40d5c8a717465a59.jpg

l_761378a802c5cbc399e00bc66dbd758e.jpg

i had to make a complex S at the ends of the pipes so my tips wouldnt appear to hang "low". if they went straight out, they would be about 2-3" below the rocker panel. with this, they tuck up right against the body and look much better, IMO.

i dont get why everyone is using mufflers? the 7M is one of the MOST awesome sounding engines without sound suppression. very few engines could pull off an un-muffled exhaust note. i cant count how many people i have scared off with just the sound of my car alone... i LOVE the 7M sound in STEREO! I also accomplished my goal of offending commuters on BOTH sides of me with flames, gurgling, backfiring and general noise. :evil2: oh, and people who drive behind my car always comment on how "mean" and "tough" the car looks w/ the both pipes and the big tires being so visible.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Noise police are pretty bad here my old 3" single was 97Db and painful to drive long distances so I built the twin which drops it to 88Db (2Db under legal) and it's ohhh so nice with a nice gain in power across the board!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
:withstupi

as I've done roadtrips in my car, drone SUCKS, PERIOD.

I can't wait to get rid of my catback, and I'll either be going to a rerouted DDP or a T04 setup that I don't have leaks...

I don't mind the DDP scream, but the constant exhaust leak noise does get bothersome on a long trip...

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
CRW_3589.jpg

I think it's Blitz, I'll have to check though. It was on the car when I bought it back in January. Drone was disgusting due to no cat (single 3 all the way back), even with the windows up. Put a cat on it, and it's really quiet now inside the cab....can still set off car alarms though and is pretty loud outside the car still.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
if your noise comes out the back, you have even less of a reason to run a muffler than i do. more pipe can make it more mellow. with the windows down on my car, it is VERY loud. i have to turn my radio up alot. between my radio up and my exhaust noise, my ears sometimes are ringing when i get done driving. however, with the windows up, its VERY tolerable. Far quieter than my 91 was with an open DP... only a little louder than my gray car was with a full 3" and megan canister.

ive driven past plenty of law enforcement officials, including the regular constables, highway patrol, DOT, Fish and wildlife and code enforcment. all of which can cite me. Fish and wildlife have higher authority than any of them; they can tell highway patrol to go suck it if they wanted to. none of them have ever given me a dirty look... Why? because i lug the motor and use light throttle inputs. its hard for my car to be loud if i never go over 2000rpms.