post pictures of your exhaust!!!!!!!!!

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
dbsupra90 said:
there was an even older hks version of the dual exhaust. it used a single muffler. local guy bought it while he lived in japan.

You are right, that's the HKS Magnum. This is listed in the HKS Goodsmaster as a 1G-GTE exhaust, if I remember correctly.

doom26464 said:
such a large exhaust would already be able to flow more then enough for the power of the engine(with some excpetions) but what about having a 4 inch with more bends but then having a 3 inch with straighter exhaust path....I would belive the 3 inch would yeild more power for a mild 400 or less car.

All HKS exhaust systems, from the stock-looking 75mm twin tip, the Hiper, Carbon ti, and the Dual Dragger, follow the same philosophy. For their particular performance designation (the D.D. is marked as race-only), they are the best compromise between power, ground clearance, and noise with a signature refined tone.

With that in mind, sound really comes down to taste, and from a performance standpoint, really any premium exhaust would be a great weapon of choice. My love for the Dual Dragger extends beyond its capable performance to its unique looks and sound.

-Ray

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
5uprahboy said:
Who cares what an exhaust sounds like. Get an external and vent it to the world
I know I sure as hell don't know what my exhaust sounds like at WOT. All I hear is the screaming waste gate bellowing at my feet (literally) :evil2: :evil2:
Not everyone likes the sound of an exhaust leak.

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Poodles said:
SupraBlur: do they still make that exhaust, or do you know where I could get one?

Nah it's been discontinued for a while. Other than the usual ones you see advertised, the only JDM HKS exhaust for the A70 that we don't commonly see here is the Legalmax (quiet one with thier new Advantex muffler), which is actually new as of 2 years ago. The only reason I know that they have one for the A70 is because an importer had a brand new one in the shop which I almost bought. Otherwise I've never seen it advertised.

-Ray

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
hmmm... only exhaust like that out anymore is the S2...

was trying to find an alternative because tracking down oddball parts is time consuming...

Leviathan

May 26, 2007
Paris
Poodles said:
hmmm... only exhaust like that out anymore is the S2...

was trying to find an alternative because tracking down oddball parts is time consuming...

There's also this one on Yahoo.co.jp for 31.800Yen

but it's a single 3" cat-back. S2's exhaust is also like this i think

tender_aoyama-img600x450-1135997123shasin_c_bounasi_hanten.jpg

tender_aoyama-img600x430-1135997134tenkai_sabu_nasi_siro.jpg

Leviathan

May 26, 2007
Paris
looking at the tips on the shem. it might be angled like the RSR (not so much)

it will be just like the Apexi dual (got a pic of it on a 200sx RS13) will pm it if i find it

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
True that exhaust is dual but its not the same as that HKS or the Dual apexi N1. Both of those exhaust split into 2 further upstream.I dont think splitting into dual exhaust 3 inches before the mufflers is much of a performance gain.
Heres the dual apezi n1 on a 240 http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=7&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5
Yea its a 4cyl but oh well.I bet it would sound pretty good on a 6cyl

Last edited:

Leviathan

May 26, 2007
Paris
RedEj8 said:
True that exhaust is dual but its not the same as that HKS or the Dual apexi N1. Both of those exhaust split into 2 further upstream.I dont think splitting into dual exhaust 3 inches before the mufflers is much of a performance gain.
Heres the dual apezi n1 on a 240 http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=7&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5
Yea its a 4cyl but oh well.I bet it would sound pretty good on a 6cyl

yeah, i think it's just for the look too. this brand do the same exhaust with a single muffler.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
finally got a hold of a camera...got my 935 3" piping and megan muffler welded. Sounds awesome! dont mind my rear bumper, i'll get around to repainting it, next week the latest.

BEFORE:
p759668_1.jpg

AFTER:
p759668_2.jpg

p759668_3.jpg

p759668_4.jpg

p759668_5.jpg