Nintendo Wii Game Console

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
PS and xbox has serious games
and Wii is some serious games like resident evil, but has those great fun games that they are known for like zelda and mario, i think i just wanna get Wii for Zelda!!

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
SupraOfDoom said:
PSP has tons of good games, they just dont get the hype that DS games get by Nintendo fan boys. But, Tekken DR is notably the best one by far ;). Killzone is pretty sweet though too.
No it really doesn't. You have listed probably the best two. :icon_bigg

P.S. Tekken still isn't the best fighting game... :D I know you hate that. :biglaugh:

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Lol I have had a PSP for like 2 years now, I think I have about 6 or 7 total hours of use on it.
I got Midnight Club Dub Ed, and hated it. The play was pretty good but the loading time was unbelieveable. It would piss me off just to play it.
Then I got Twisted Metal cuz I LOVED the series, beat it in about 4 hours, too easy and not as entertaining as the other ones.
Tried other games, a few looked ok, but overall I'm pretty unhappy.

Yeah, the PS3 & 360 are quite a bit more powerful than the Wii, but the Wii is cool and innovative, I still go back and play games from all my other old school consoles cuz the gameplay just rocks.
So what if it isn't quite as perfecct of graphics, the 360 isn't perfect, unless the PS3 is completely unbelievable the Wii should be a winner, except for the BluRay on the PS3.
I'm going for the Wii, personally.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Nintendo has and will always compet with every system out there.

they have an arrey of games to cover the intire spectrum of players and they sell them for a really decent price.

i mean come i can find a car for 600 that runs if i had to

y would i spend that much on a consle

they my not have the best graphics but it was game play that always sold me on a game

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Wii is like a na automatic and ps3 is like a turbo 5 speed, sure a na is fun for a little while but it has jack for potential. Innovative? The tilt function controller was stolen by a company that designed it for the PS1 long before Nintendo ever had the idea. Nintendo is great for the average softcore gamer but thats all they have ever been. Nintendo is far from innovative, if you consider making over 30 mario games and over 15 Zelda games ect ect innovative you are way wrong. PS3 comes with real innovation, a push in technology.

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
ok i have 1 question. i stoped reading about half way throug but here it is. i reserved the latest zelda for the game cube like last year and they kept puching it back. did they just forget about it being on gamecube and make it on wii or is it still gonna come out on gamecube? i really like zelda but i don't want to spend $300 rite now to by the new one.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
man iv had mario Kart DS for 1 day and i only just got all the cups on 50cc and not even the best scores ether its a really good game for those who have mastered the others and a great game for the newbies lol

i give it a 9.8/10 for sure

yah its coming out sunday or should anyway

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Leaving work tonight, I was startled by the GOOFIEST group of Nintendo Mii buyers sitting/camping/chilling/FREEZING their bawls off in front of the store. Every customer coming in/out looked at them like, "WTF, BUMS, PS3 already came out!" LOL. I kept hearing the people say, "Yaaaay, I've been waiting my whole life for this to come out! I can't believe we're actually here!"

I was ready to bitch-smack someone. :)

BTW: JAV, GoW is Effing BAD. :love: :love: :love: I thought I was going to have a seisure from the realism in the graphics.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
SupraOfDoom said:
Innovative? The tilt function controller was stolen by a company that designed it for the PS1 long before Nintendo ever had the idea. Nintendo is great for the average softcore gamer but thats all they have ever been. Nintendo is far from innovative, if you consider making over 30 mario games and over 15 Zelda games ect ect innovative you are way wrong. PS3 comes with real innovation, a push in technology.
How many FINAL fantasy games??? Key word FINAL.Not to even mention the knockoff games (Tactics).
Crash Bandicoot???
GTA???
I could keep going but I'm really not too into researching just to prove that your point is hypocritical. Playstation does the same thing. PS is not anymore innovative than anyone else. Making flashy graphics is not innovation, is just making flashy graphics. Gameplay is the most important factor in any game, not graphics. Any real gamer with half a brain can tell you that.

Am I saying that the graphics should never improve?
Nope.
However graphics should be a secondhand consideration to functionality/gameplay.
Who wants to play pretty garbage??
Is Nintendo perfect? Nope, neither is anyone else.

Zip up your pants, your fanboy is showing. :icon_razz

SupraOfDoom said:
Wii is like a na automatic and ps3 is like a turbo 5 speed with a bhg and rod knock

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
JustAnotherVictim said:
How many FINAL fantasy games??? Key word FINAL.Not to even mention the knockoff games (Tactics).
Crash Bandicoot???
GTA???
I could keep going but I'm really not too into researching just to prove that your point is hypocritical. Playstation does the same thing. PS is not anymore innovative than anyone else. Making flashy graphics is not innovation, is just making flashy graphics. Gameplay is the most important factor in any game, not graphics. Any real gamer with half a brain can tell you that.

Am I saying that the graphics should never improve?
Nope.
However graphics should be a secondhand consideration to functionality/gameplay.
Who wants to play pretty garbage??
Is Nintendo perfect? Nope, neither is anyone else.

Zip up your pants, your fanboy is showing. :icon_razz
Last time I checked Final Fantasy is not exclusive for one system, bad comparison. Better graphics + Better system = Better potential for game play. If you take the Wii and PS3 for example, and you made the SAME exact Zelda game story wise / innovation wise on both systems, obviously the PS3's is going to be superior since it will look absolutely stunning compared to the Wii. Also, Imagine being able to fight 100 monsters on one screen vs a alot small max on wii... oh how much more detail can be ran at one time on the PS3's cell. What makes a system is its base STRUCTURE, from there innovation can be limitless if its a very solid structure.

Oh and I love your edited quote of mine that you put no reasoning into. Just remember you need a good structure to build anything good on.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
I just like to have fun with stupid comparisons.

If you want to use exclusivity as an excuse say so, don't bring it up after the point.
You keep talking innovation and how only sony has it.
Well if you want to use that then just about everyone copied off of pong and atari.

My main problem with your argument is somehow you think ONLY sony has any good ideas at all. Seriously, do you read you own posts?
Your claims have no support, all you do is reroute everything back to graphical capability.
The whole reason ps2 did so well is because of easy programming format (dvd) and their willingness to put out any piece of crap that was handed to them.

Once again you don't acknowledge any other company does anything good.
That's ridiculous.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
SupraDerk said:
I had both a DS and a PSP...

... I sold them both. But now I want a DS again for FFIII :), heh

See, this is the big problem with people who dont take the time to play around w/ systems... There thousands of PSP Emulators with every FF and every Zelda ect ect.... damn near every good Nin/SNES/Genisis/GameBoy and even N64 games had roms on PSP.. shit even GBA and PS1. I beat all the Zelda's on GB/SNES over on my PSP, ran great and you could save at any point its neat. Shit I'm gonna start on Zelda 64 soon....or Mario 64.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
JustAnotherVictim said:
I just like to have fun with stupid comparisons.

If you want to use exclusivity as an excuse say so, don't bring it up after the point.
You keep talking innovation and how only sony has it.
Well if you want to use that then just about everyone copied off of pong and atari.

My main problem with your argument is somehow you think ONLY sony has any good ideas at all. Seriously, do you read you own posts?
Your claims have no support, all you do is reroute everything back to graphical capability.
The whole reason ps2 did so well is because of easy programming format (dvd) and their willingness to put out any piece of crap that was handed to them.

Once again you don't acknowledge any other company does anything good.
That's ridiculous.

OK. Let me get some things straight. I don't find sony to be a very innovative company, it wasn't even them who made the tilt controller in the first place. As far as innovation goes Nintendo is better then Sony, however, I completely don't agree with the structures they have choose from ANYTHING past SNES. I give tons of respect to Nintendo, shit I plan on buying a Wii, I want to play the new Zelda game and Mario games... I enjoy them. I respect Nintendo as a great company in some terms, but just IMO they would be better making games for the PS3 then they would for the Wii. It's basically the systems they make I don't like. I have loads of fun to this day playing Mario Party with friends, all the Zelda's and Mario's ect... but its just personally not enough to make me a fan boy for all the re-releases...

I'm not a Nintendo hater, I just want to see them making innovative fun games for a system that has plenty of room to make the most innovative products ever. As I stated above, I had tons of Nintendo games on my PSP, and I love all of them.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
SupraOfDoom said:
See, this is the big problem with people who dont take the time to play around w/ systems... There thousands of PSP Emulators with every FF and every Zelda ect ect.... damn near every good Nin/SNES/Genisis/GameBoy and even N64 games had roms on PSP.. shit even GBA and PS1. I beat all the Zelda's on GB/SNES over on my PSP, ran great and you could save at any point its neat. Shit I'm gonna start on Zelda 64 soon....or Mario 64.

Why would I want ROMs of games I already have? $150 and $200 respectively for each system is far too much for an emulator...

And I don't believe in getting ROMs of games I don't own (that's illegal too by the way). And how do you know I didn't take the time to play around with my systems? Apparently you have a crystal ball and you can see my past, present and future!! :ugh2:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
flaming.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH SSSHUUUUUTT UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPP

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
OneJoeZee said:
flaming.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH SSSHUUUUUTT UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPP

WORD.

Lets get our panties out of a bunch and agree to one thing.

The XBOX 360, Playstation 3 & Nintendo Wii are ALL taking one step further in the future of gaming. Whether it be having breathtaking graphics or creative ways of interacting IN the game, it is for the better. None are perfect. All are different. Done. :icon_bigg