New Intake for the 7MGTE (need testers)

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
GotToyota? said:
Hey man, I was looking @ this, this is the kind of intake I would want, full cold air with the front bumper placement.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/490258/7

-Matt

If we have it mounted that low I would want an AEM Bypass valve to prevent water from being sucked in, but the would be a great place to locate it. Oh yeah if we mount it that low what about the length of the wire that connects to the AFM? He kept his mounted in the same place in that picture, but I think the AFM works best when located right after the air filter.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
casper35404 said:
Looks freakin' sweet. I would love to be one of the people chosen to test one. If everything goes to plan what would be the price point on one of these?

im thinking about discounting it to $70 to the first 10 guys/gals from SM then it'll go to about $80or 85
i'll let you guys know for sure once i get the correct couplers.

that is if the intake passes all the tests... whitch i am almost positive that it will pass no problem from what ive seen so far.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
TRACKMKIII said:
...... but I think the AFM works best when located right after the air filter.

you get better throttle response the closer the afm is to the throttle body. when the throttle starts closed and is then opened quickly, a low presure pulse is created that then has to travel through all the intake piping to the afm before you ecu recognizes that there is a change in the amount of air entering the engine. so if you have alot of piping between you throttle plate and your afm (such as 9ft of ic pipes but i realize that we're talking about n/a's) the longer time it takes for the ecu add fuel to the engine. another reason why going blow through maf-t is a good idea, put it close to the afm, get good throttle respose.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
i went out of town for spring brake (past week) i should be able to start back on the development of the turbo intake this next week.

i have to order a different size reducer coupler. when i built the intake, i forgot to take into consideration the small inlet side on the turbo. i had the angles correct, just the wrong size couplers.
im using 3 inch pipe and i don't want to go any smaller.

i am gonna have to either use an adapter ring for the turbo, or if i these new couplers work.
i may have to adjust some of the angles of the bends in the pipe for correct alignment once i get these new couplers.

i hate that it is taking this long, but i will not accept anything less than perfect.

i'll keep you guys updated

Last edited:

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
silvergsx623 said:
i went out of town for spring brake (past week) i should be able to start back on the development of the turbo intake this next week.

i have to order a different size reducer coupler. when i built the intake, i forgot to take into consideration the small inlet side on the turbo. i had the angles correct, just the wrong size couplers.
im using 3 inch pipe and i don't want to go any smaller.

i am gonna have to either use an adapter ring for the turbo, or if i these new couplers work.
i may have to adjust some of the angles of the bends in the pipe for correct alignment once i get these new couplers.

i hate that it is taking this long, but i will not accept anything less than perfect.

Well like I said, keep me updated on the N/A intake pipe. You do know about the hose on the bottom, right?

-Matt

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
no, i didn't know about any connections on the bottom of the pipe.

thats why i need to have a stock intake in my hands before i can start on it :-(

once i get the turbo intake going strong, i'll start on the NA intake

thanks for your intrest matt
i'll keep everyone updated on my progress
chris

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
silvergsx623 said:
no, i didn't know about any connections on the bottom of the pipe.

thats why i need to have a stock intake in my hands before i can start on it :-(

once i get the turbo intake going strong, i'll start on the NA intake

thanks for your intrest matt
i'll keep everyone updated on my progress
chris
I believe there was a member here that said he would ship you an N/A intake. I believe it was on the last page.

-Matt

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I said that I would ship and N/A intake, but I can't find one!! I have passed over so many at the junkyard and now that I actually need one they are no where to be seen, but I AM STILL ON THE SEARCH!!!

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
lol...

thats how it always is... no worries
we'll find one eventually

*UPDATE ON TURBO INTAKES*
i got the correct size coupler, finaly.

with the reducer coupler i had to adjust one of the angles on the pipe.
hopefully this sunday i'll be able to make the test intakes
and monday order the couplers.
then thursday or friday ship out the intakes to be tested for 1 month.

everything is looking real good.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
silvergsx623 said:
lol...

thats how it always is... no worries
we'll find one eventually

*UPDATE ON TURBO INTAKES*
i got the correct size coupler, finaly.

with the reducer coupler i had to adjust one of the angles on the pipe.
hopefully this sunday i'll be able to make the test intakes
and monday order the couplers.
then thursday or friday ship out the intakes to be tested for 1 month.

everything is looking real good.
Sweet Chris, let me know if anyone gives you an N/A intake.

-Matt