New England Dragway

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha wow it's a small world huh. I was probably just out of view of that top picture, That's one of my friends and the girlfriend of the guy who owns the Audi in the background.
I'm hoping to bring my car, but I'm alittle paranoid ever since my friends Impala got keyed to shit by ricers at a car show a few years ago.:icon_conf
Look for a black MK3 with a dented fender though.:icon_bigg

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha yea probably.
So back on topic.
I'm getting my exhaust bolted up when I get home today then heading up to NEDW. Probably be there about 5:30-6:00. Anyone else gonna be there?

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I can't make it this week, I lost 2nd gear in the taclipser so I have no ride:icon_mad:
Let us know what you run when you get back.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Well it was a pretty bad night.
First run I launched pretty cautiously just for my first time out.
At about 4,500 in second gear the car just stopped accelerating. It kept revving to 5,500 but with no power so I shifted, at about 5,000rpm in 3rd it just misfired like hell, started bucking and just being real rough, and still no real power behind it. I let off alittle, and crossed the line at 85 and ran a whopping 15.7.
I got to the end of the strip and the Check Engine Light kept coming on and off every 6 or 7 seconds.
When I was slowing down to park it stalled while I was still rolling, then was idling at about 400rpm when I tried to let it sit and idle. Still throwing the CEL on and off.

Then I got pulled over coming through the tunnel in Boston and got a ticket for 65 in a 45...
On the ticket it says "Joshua Durant"(my name's Jason) and car was a "Toyota Subaru"... I think I'll be getting out of that ticket.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lol what the hell? was that cop drunk?

I couldn't make it today, but I should more than likely go on Friday!

Jason: Did you pop an IC hose off? What codes did you pull?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha ya the cop was pretty damn dumb... he didn't even say anything. Just kinda stood there and asked if I knew how fast I was going, then said 65 before I could answer and walked away.

No I didn't pop one off. I had to disconnect my battery and reset it to keep it from stalling then I didn't race again, just drove it home and the CEL didn't come on again. Still no power up top though. I'm gonna switch out spark plugs and wires within this week and see if that helps.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I think it's funny that you broke and still ran faster then some hondas!!!!!

That cop seemed like a dumass, I think you will get out of the ticket. My friends Swebb's supra said celica insted of supra on his registeration for years, why can't eneyone get it right???

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Lol I'm still pretty mad though. a kid in a stock 325i beat me:icon_mad:
I'm hoping it's my plugs and valve cover gaskets, I'm gonna replace those and see if it's still misfiring.
I don't think it will be a problem getting out of that ticket. If he couldn't get my name right... or my car right... who's to say he got the speed right?

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
^^^^^
Or if the cop will even show up!!!! O, Well in Maine if the cop dosn't show up you win automaticly. Is it the same is Mass, probly not????

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yea they used to have it that way but the cop would never show up. Now they have a court representative from the town or city go. So in this case someone whose job is only to defend the laws in Boston would be there, not the cop who gave the actual ticket.
Either way, technically it's not me, or my car that got issued the ticket.:biglaugh:

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
^^^
Thats cool. I would almost rather have that because then the cop isn't there.

Well Joshua Durant I hope you get your "Toyota Subaru" runing right!!!!!!:biglaugh:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I'll be there Tomorrow! But I won't be running. Just there to watch for a change. I'll be roaming around, so if I see any of you I'll be sure to stop over!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I was planning on going up again. But I'm not willing to waste the gas if I can't race.
Wednesday was very fun though, sat behind 5 kids who had no idea what they were talking about, and wouldn't sit down they'd just get in everyones way when they looked down the track to see the times. It's so much fun listening in sometimes.
A MKIV was lining up with a Mustang cobra and they all go "awww no shiit, Suuupra whoa" and then all 5 of them take out their camera phones.
Everytime the Supra shifted the BOV would let out a quick chirp and one kid goes "duuude he's chirping every gear!!"

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Haaa. Thats why we should all sit together and talk about stuff thay don't know!!!! (car stuff) Thay usaly stop talking after you make them feel a little stupid.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
MassSupra89 said:
I'm picking my friend up with the WRX at 6 so I should be there by 7.
you won't miss the Gray Elise and Bright yellow Audi.
I'll be in a red and white Ducati hat. Say hello if you see me.

I'll be there at 6 or so. I waring a gray DCSHOECO shirt and glasses today.
Hope to see some of you there???

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I was planning on leaving 1 minute ago, and getting there early to clean the cars. but I'm not sure right now. I should be there shortly, in a Green and Gray DCSHOE sweatshirt and above mentioned hat.
See you guys there.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
oh boy.. look what i found. lmfao!!!

0414DSC_8247.jpg

0414DSC_8285.jpg