Need help converting 88 to 89 look

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprabad said:
You are confused my 89 supra owning friend, I believe that most people prefer the pre-89 front end

(although I have no scientific data to corroborate this).

I am sure it was an honest error on your part.

That's because most people have pre-89s

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
gsmokez said:
yeah thats pretty much true. people like what they have and most people have pre-89s

Not necessarily. I think it's more of a matter of personal preference rather than what year they ended up with.

I've always referred the preface lift front. It just makes the front look more squared off. The only visual attraction I'd have for a 89+ car would be the tail lights, and since I'm in Europe, I wouldn't have gotten the updated tails anyway.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Don't convert unless its complete. 89 tails on an 87, stock spoiler i think it looks wierd. I like the rear of the 87. Its different and it looks good to me.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Do what you think looks best, and don't listen to other people unless you are actually going to LISTEN to them and take their opinion (even negative) into consideration. If you aren't, then don't bother asking for it.

Just a suggestion when posting about what you plan or want to do.

I've got 89+ spoiler and pre-89 tail lights... I like it.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Hey NOOB, I have the jdm bubble markers on my car that you want and to be honest, they're not really worth it unless you also do the signal rewire to them...

Luckily its just a snip and a splice...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
not to mention it WILL save your life...

anyone on the side of you that can't see you're rear lights has NO indicator that you're turn signal is on.

it was the first mod I did, second was the fog light rewire...

also, the only pre-89 wing I like is the last one, as the 3rd brake light isn't just tacked on...

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
well to tell you the truth i do want to know people's opinions but im not going to change my mind based on what people say because i've decided on what i want already

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
aryte ive made up my mind theres too much stuff to change and no offense to you pre-89 guys but I just don't like the way this car looks so my friend is buying it off me and i will be searching for an 89+. Thanks for the help guys.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
oh and if any of you have one for sale and can manage to ship it here to Toronto, Ontario then please PM me and let me know how much you want for the car+shipping