Need help converting 88 to 89 look

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
RazoE said:
pre 89 molding is flat, 89+ has a little "lip"...

some pre 89 molding was "tinted" to match, such as light blue and stuff....

the only 89-90 molding that was body color were the White packages (like mine, white paint, white trim, white rims, and blue/burgundy interiors), in 91, all trim came body color, except ironically non-white package white cars, those had a light grayish tint to them...

Hey Razoe, not sure that statement is completely true....Mine is an 89 and has matching trim in the 4J7 color code. I am the second owner and the car hasn't been repainted, the trim hasn't been painted aftermarket.

Here is a link to a few shots. Post 125 is mine.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774&page=13

Brian

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
hmmm...

what does production date does it say on your door jam? and do you have any close ups of the trim (with the panel around it so I can compare)

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Poodles said:
hmmm...

what does production date does it say on your door jam? and do you have any close ups of the trim (with the panel around it so I can compare)

If that was directed at me, no I don't have close ups of the trim but I can get them in a day or so. Same with the production date stamp on the door.

Brian

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
When you rewire the sidemarkers to blink with the turn signals, do they still stay on when you're not blinking?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I actually like how the blinker and side marker alternate when my headlights are on..looks very JDM.....(actually I've seen more american cars do this than Japanese cars..;) )...

All you do is snip two wires, attach a 16 gauge wire and cap off the ends...

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Thanks for the info Jeff. I was wondering why I rarely see a car the same color as mine and people are surprised when I tell them it's a factory color.

Brian