My restoration project - Rusty 89

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
got any more pics of the floor which you had work done to? im very, very intrigued. This car is amazing, you saved a car, even though you killed one before :biglaugh: good work man!
-Thomas

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
TobyCat said:
All I have to say is wow. Your dad rocks :) I look forward to seeing some more pictures of this thing.

Do you plan on doing any more work engine wise etc? With that type of attention to detail, you could build up one slick (and shiney!) looking supra.
It isn't my dad doing the body work, we farmed that out, we're just working on the car together.

As for the engine, currently, this is what it has going for it: (engine build performed before restoration, currently with ~55k kms)

complete balanced and blueprinted rebuild w/ .5mm o/s pistons
completely re-built head, ported and polished intake and exhaust
HKS head gasket w/arp bolts @90 ft-lbs
reconditioned rods
hks 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Lexus AFM, Walbro pump, S-AFC-II, HKS EVC-IV, HKS Super blowoff valve, Complete hardpipes, HKS boost/egt gauges, spec stg III clutch, 60trim ct upgrade w/t'netics hot side

Before the car is put back together, I'm putting together a ffi with a MK4 intake manifold (just need to build adapter), a Q45 throttle body (not yet purchased), new hardpipes and side-flow intercooler (NYP), a MAFT-PRO (NYP), possibly a COP setup, and re-worked valve covers to eliminate the nipples sticking straight up.

For the body, all seals (door, targa, hatch) have been purchased new from toyota, along with most of the plastic trim. There is a brand new OEM front bumper as well.

Suspension is being handled by A'PEXi fully adjustable struts, Tanabe GF210 springs, new stock bushings everywhere (including new front lower A-arms), new ball joints, undetermined rear sway bar (NYP), stock front bar, custom swaybar endlinks (not yet made).

Brakes will be a 13" front kit w/wilwood calipers and likely mk4 turbo rear brakes (both NYP).

Wheels are undecided upon.

That pretty much outlines the whole setup.

As for the work/money split between my old man and me, basically, I'm doing more of the work, and he is spending more of the money...It's fair for both of us as he has more money, and I have more time to spend :) The end result should be a pretty sweet, reliable, powerful ride. Definately not a daily driver though.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
CryoSlash said:
got any more pics of the floor which you had work done to? im very, very intrigued. This car is amazing, you saved a car, even though you killed one before :biglaugh: good work man!
-Thomas
here are a couple of the ones that I could find.

p418057_1.jpg

p418057_2.jpg

p418057_3.jpg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
by the way, there wasn't that large of a hole in the floor when I tore the car apart - there was a little hole surrounded in rust. In anger, I started chipping away all of the loose rust I could see with a screwdriver until it was gone. This was almost the point where I decided to say F-it and find a new shell, but nevertheless, I stuck with this one.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
oh
my
god.

I love this thread.
Please please please keep posting pictures!
Am I sick in the head for thinking a freshly painted shell is hot?! If so, that's fine with me ;)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
TobyCat said:

hmm...well, I am in Airlie Beach, Australia right now, soon to be in Melbourne until April...so nothing really until then, except for maybe some refinished parts pictures in the near future

adam

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Wow, how did I miss this thread?
Subscribed now :)

Beautiful work, amazing project, and ENORMOUS Kudos to you for bring a supra back to life, it will be better than the day it rolled off the assembly line!!!

Cannot wait to see more progress :)

Do I smell ROTY '07?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
buckshotglass said:
Just because you can't reach the car, that's no excuse! ;) We need results.

ok, ok...I don't have any pictures but currently, the flywheel and spec pressure plate are being machined and I am looking for a good full face clutch disc (spec stage 3 is worn too far to warrant throwing back in). We're also looking into getting the transmission re-built (or doing it ourselves when I get home). The first thing to be going back into the car are the subframes including suspension bits and pieces, which are basically new - both subframes were sandblasted and painted with POR-15 and all bushings are waiting to be pressed in. (brand f'ing new front A-arms too!). All rear susp. arms excluding the A-arms are from a low mileage N/A from texas (translated: in new condition) so it should ride better than it did the day it rolled off the assembly line. A'pexi adjustable struts and tanabe springs round off the suspension package.

The hubs and rear axle shafts are next up in the sandblaster, so hopefully i can post pictures when those are ready.

For those interested, I am currently in Hervey Bay, QLD and will be in Melbourne on February 13 and staying until the beginning of april.

adam

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
supra90turbo said:
Brand new upper control arms?!
wow, that's some money...

Your supra is going to be new like mine, only done sooner!

sadly, no...lower control arms, because I couldn't get new bushings for them seperately. My uppers are still in good shape front and rear, just got new bushings for them.