My 92 3e5 Supra

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Thanks Kenny..

Well started a new project.
p1456659_1.jpg

I got these fro RHDJapan. for 250.00 they came with the control switch and the control box. They are in pretty bad shape. I don't have any idea why Toyota used rubber coated metal for these, But it was retarded.

p1456659_2.jpg

This one was the better of the two. I have some work ahead of me.

p1456659_3.jpg

p1456659_4.jpg

p1456659_5.jpg

p1456659_6.jpg

p1456659_7.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
jugodegolf;1453937 said:
Doh! You haven't got your copy of jugo's detailing secrets. Will get you my paypal account.:evil2:

He got me, Ron, Tom and Nate to help, he doesn't need you. :biglaugh: He has to start somewhere. ;)

Matt, looks pretty good. When are you painting the parts, or, are you painting the entire car. The fit actually looks good too.
A friend of mine was talking about a new led fog lamp that is one inch in diameter. Will check the site and post them. This way you can still use the ducting for the holes and have lighting too. :)

I will get you your leather seat back soon. My pass Recaro to fill my pair is on the way soon. :)

91T breezen';1453927 said:
Car looks good, just needs a 2J now!:naughty:

Tom, fuck off, just because your 7M was a POS doesn't mean they all are. Go add some oil in your 1J since it smokes more than a chimney full of wet green wood. :D

Duane

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
LOL, Duane .. Thanks guys, I am really trying to do this right the first time. I am only going to post pictures that are of progress not some stupid BS. As far as paint I am planning on painting the whole car. I am going to keep it 3E5 and I my or may not paint the lip and duct. If I dont paint them I am going to pull a thin black line from the front lip following the subtle line on the side skirt. If you look at the picture just before the exhaust pic you can see the line behind the front tire that way it will pull the line and bring the sides and front lip together..

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The car is looking great Matt, especially love how clean the engine bay looks. How well do those rain guards work? I've thought about picking up a set.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
The rain gurads are bad ass. They work well and I haven't had very many issues with them.

Well I have been some what slacking lately, But the mirrors are done and ready for paint.
I had to complete rebuild these mirrors the longer I worked on them to more the JDM rubber crumbled . Finally I said fuck it and just went ahead and remolded them by hand.
Final Glassing finished and primered to see hairline cracks and dimples
p1466218_1.jpg

After initial primer I noticed alot of surface imperfections so I started applying filler
p1466218_2.jpg

Once that was dry and solid I slowly sanded and fit the mounts until both sides fit the car flawlessly. I started with 60 grit and finally finished with 2000 grit.
p1466218_3.jpg

This is after the final glassing,But before the filler you can notice the imperfections along the long straight piece . I was more concerned at the time with the radius at the lower edge where it rests in the factory depression.
p1466218_4.jpg

This is the Final test fit and to test the power folding function. They worked just like factory. Next step is to paint them when I get the rest painted. Now I am going to remove the interior to run the wires ,mount the control box,and replace the USDM switch with the JDM switch

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Can't believe I haven't posted in here before now!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies: